Skip to main content

Gutters, Siding, Rain and Sheets

Never in a million years would I have ever thought I would think so much about gutters and siding...much less be this THANKFUL for them. Let me back up. The day that Jude was born we had a massive rain...a flood really. A flood in our living room. I don't do well with rain. It is a long boring irrelevant story that goes back a couple of years but I don't do well with rain. So when I was all laid up in the hospital with another life dependent upon me and fully expecting a non-flooded home to be brought home to, I wanted to freak out, but I couldn't...because, like I said, I was all laid up and there was nothing I could do about it.

SO...where in the heck was I going with this? Oh yeh...gutters and siding. So today when it started raining, I didn't get sad or weird like normal...beeeeeccccaaaauuuuusssse...we have new siding and new gutters that keep the aforementioned house flood outside of the house where it belongs. Dry house, dry babies, dry carpet...happy Snuzi And thus began the first day in over 2 years that rain didn't make me all twisty and I realized that gutters and siding have an ability to make me happy.Another oddity about me. Linens make me very happy. Well...these linens in particular. I bought these sheets several years ago and fell head over heels madly in love with them. A love like I've never felt before...deep and enduring. I fell in love and then that jerkwad Ralph Lauren quit making them and broke my heart into a million tiny pieces. So now all that I am left with are these ratty little pillow cases that are full of holes and threadbare. Sad. It's not just that they are beautiful...but they are soft like butter...pure pillowcase perfection.

Then my angel sister came into town with TWO pristine lovely pillow cases! I don't know where or how she found them and I don't even care. Both James and I buried our faces in them and breathed in their wonderfulness. They are happily on my pillows and tonight we begin our love affair.

And now look at my sweet little boys! They love each other.Mmmuuuuaaaaahhhhhh!James has gotten really good at helping me with Jude. He gets me diapers, binkies, helps comfort Jude when he's crying, helps burp him...he is such a good big brother.Such a grumpy little bear.But SO adorable! He had his one month well check today and he is doing fabulously. He is up to a chunky 8 pounds and 7 ounces. I deal well with percentages...must be because I am such a math whiz...or because of all the sale shopping. So anyways...he is in the 25th percentile for his weight and the 50th for his height. Cute. Like I said earlier...my sister Carrie and my nieces Morgan and Madison got into town tonight. James was thrilled! And so am I!Morgie and Jude.Maddie and Jude.
Pillowcase utopia beckons. Nite nite.

Comments

Rolf said…
Gutters and siding are two of the most important parts of the house that protect you from any weather condition, most especially during rainy season. Without these two, your house could get flooded anytime, and you would have to go through all the hassle of having your roofing system repaired or replaced every single time.
-Northern Virginia Roofing Company