Skip to main content

Trunk Or Treat

I didn't grow up celebrating Halloween and Brad did, so when we got pregnant with James, Brad and I sorted out what holidays, and the various aspects of said holidays, that we would and would not celebrate with our kids. Halloween didn't make the cut. But...then along came "trunk or treat" at our church. A compromise? Perhaps. But we decided to go this year. And it may have been our last. It was total pandemonium. But before I get to that...let me introduce the cast of characters.

First up we have Jude the baby pumpkin. He didn't love it.At. All.But oh what a cute little pumpkin.

Next up we have James the turtle. (Brad won. I wanted the bumble bee but I gave in...I'm submissive like that. Stop laughing.)We stopped by Nana and Papa's first where James made a major haul on the goods. I had to bribe him to get this picture with his baby brother.After Nana and Papa's we headed out to "Trunk or Treat" at our church. 125 cars dish out the candy from their trunks. There were also hay rides, hot chocolate, a hot air balloon, face painting, a fire truck, the Lifestar helicopter, and massive massive crowds of people.There was also this little guy who I don't know but thought he was the cutest little gnome I've ever seen.(Albeit a teensy tinsy bit creepy).

Since James didn't nap today (he's exerting his independence now that he's 2), he was beat by the time we actually got to the candy line.And by the time we stood in line for an hour and made it to the candy, he was a total zombie.So was Jude.But there was a typical beautiful west Texas sunset. I can't complain about that. We left after visiting 3 cars because James was so tired and it was cold. We are total light-weights at this.

When we got home, Jude displayed his awesome poo-poo face which is nothing but total comedy to Brad and I.But when he was done he felt like smiling...and that was even better.Sweet little pumpkin smile.

Comments

apryl said…
OMG hillside was a mess!!!!! we went through 1 line.... it took an hour...we left. Probabley wont do that next year!