Skip to main content

HUSH!

Oh my gosh yall...I woke up feeling all spunky and refreshed due to a WHOLE night's sleep!!! (Partial credit to my Dad for keeping Jude awake and partial credit to my totally rad husband for taking the middle of the night feeding...formula feeding ROCKS!) So being all fresh as a daisy this morning I decided to make my first solo trip to the store with both boys. A little over ambitious. James was an angel as always...someone else SCREAMED from the moment I put him in the car seat until the moment I took him out back at home. *Side eye to Jude* I am not even kidding about how many dirty looks I got at the store. I had him in his car seat and the car seat covered over with a blanket so no germs could get to him for pete's sake! One lady even said to her friend, "Can you believe she has that tiny baby out at the store?" I turned around and gave her the stink eye and she said to me, "Sounds like you have a wild bobcat in there!" What?!?!? Did she really just say that?!?!?! I just said, "I do" and pushed right on past her. I saw her again a few aisles over and she acted all busy looking at the frozen pizzas. Don't mess with a momma who's been held hostage in her house for a month by a newborn and a wild 2 year old.

Mostly I just got several looks of pity and compassion. One sweet lady even offered to hold the baby while I did my shopping. I didn't take her up on it but I was awfully tempted. Don't judge.She would've given him back after listening to that crying for a few minutes.

I realized James had reached his limit when he turned around and started rocking the car seat trying to get Jude to hush. The poor little guy was just hungry. I fed him when we got home and he's been asleep ever since. The boy is serious about his food.I think he's sending me a message in the above picture. I don't blame him. I probably deserve that.

Comments