Skip to main content

What In The World?

Today on my way to meet a friend for lunch I saw this strange sight.I mean, is this like their dog riding in the back of the truck? Is this a normal mode of transport for a llama? Is this even a llama?

James was as confused as I was. He quizzically said, "Moooo?????" I didn't know how to help him since I wasn't quite sure myself what it was or what is says.

~~~~~

Later Brad and Dad worked on the courtyard. I will show you pictures later when it is all done. But James thought he would help out as project manager even though he was in his jammies and slippers...or "muff-muffs" as we call them.
~~~~~

My sweet Daddy brought me my first house plant for the new house tonight.Isn't that the cutest little thing? James slipped his hand up there and nearly took it before I could take a picture. He's a sneaky little thing.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I *think* that's an alpaca. They're smaller than llamas - half the size, I think. Alpacas are still really big though! There's a girl at our church who raises alpacas - they have the softest fur EVER. Seriously. It is amazingly soft. They're really nice, too...this girl brought them to our church for the harvest/Halloween party last year and all the kids got to pet them. It was very cool.

Here's an article...
Alpacas, Llamas and another...
How to tell the difference between llama and alpaca
Anonymous said…
Is it cold at your house already? I see you have James in long-sleeved/long pants pajamas. I am very confused about the climate in the Texas panhandle, lol!!

Oh, and so funny...ever since we talked a few weeks ago I am constantly noticing how many trees there are everywhere around here! We probably have 20 trees in our yard. Most are behind the pool, but still. Funny how I never paid attention before. I promise I will take lots of pics for you when the leaves change.
Sarah Hammer said…
i also believe that to be an alpaca. they make a really loud weird noise. next time we see each other, i will demonstrate. they can actually be temperamental like a llama. was "tina the fat lard" in napolean dynomite an alpaca or a llama? does anyone know?