Skip to main content

What A Month!

What a weekend! Well...let me back up...what a month! First of all, this was the first weekend of this month that we've not been at the hospital. The first weekend of September James was in the hospital, the second 2, it was me. But I am not sure that James ever really got entirely well. Last week he got really sick with a stomach bug. It lasted all week, poor little guy. So Friday we decided to take him to the doctor. Thankfully, Brad met me there, because right as he walked in I started having some major issues that I won't get into so as to spare those with delicate constitutions.

But anyways...I told Brad to run and get our friend Lorraine and tell her it was an emergency...how fortunate am I that she is our pediatricians nurse and was right across the hall! Thank you Lord! That was truly a blessing and a provision.

Brad went ahead and took James to see the doctor and my Mom came and got me and took me to my doctor. The wonderful news of the day was that both of us were fine! James didn't have an ear infection (which is what I was afraid of) and my doc gave me some medicine to fix me right up. Jamesie turned the corner yesterday and is feeling a lot better. I am so thankful. I hate when he is sick.

So aside from some mild sleep deprivation, we are all doing well.

This is how I found Brad and James yesterday morning. I guess Jude's crying was keeping them awake...or something...so they had to go sleep on the couch.James and Jude watched cartoons on our bed later.Lunchtime at Nana and Papa's.Nap time...it sure must be tough being a 1 1/2 week old.
Then James spent a little time on the time-out step. Not his favorite place. Life is so hard.We ended the day with Karin, JT, Addison and Lauren coming over. It was great to see them. James loves getting to play with Addy. A good end to a crazy week.

Comments