Skip to main content

D-Day and Bath Day

So for those I haven't already bored with this story...here is what went down Wednesday and Thursday.

I had my 37 week appointment and had already been having contractions that morning so I was sure my doc was going to tell me to go ahead and go to the hospital. I was dilated to a 3 and 80% effaced and he told me to go home and call him if my contractions got to be 5 minutes apart for an hour otherwise he'd see me in a week.

About 3:30-4:30 that afternoon, I timed my contractions and they were 5 minutes apart for an hour so I called him and went to the hospital. After being monitored for awhile he said he was going to send me home. The nurse checked me again before we left and I was dilated to a 4 so he decided to keep me. It was about 7:00 by this time.

Around 9:30 that night my doctor came and broke my water. Ouch. A little after that I got an epidural that never worked. We found out later that there was a piece of iv just floating around in my bed not attached to anything...ME in particular. I guess all of the medicine just went into the bed because it most certainly did NOT go into my back.

A little bit later they started some pitocin. In a very short amount of time I went from a 6 to a 10. I didn't know a person could survive this kind of pain. For reals. It was awful.

Jude was born at 12:36 am.

Then I panicked because I heard my doctor tell the nurse that the cord had been wrapped around his neck TWICE and I wasn't hearing him cry at. all. I was freaking out. I asked my doc a zillion times if Jude was ok...and he was.

We didn't get to bed until around 3:30 by the time everything was said and done. I was exhausted from the pain and emotion but so thankful for another healthy wonderful little boy.

~~~~~

Today Jude had his first bath at home. James was a little bit astonished that Jude wasn't loving it.He really was not digging it.So James showed him how a real man enjoys his bath!The trauma from bath time lasted awhile.But then he finally fell asleep

Comments

Celee said…
Maybe I'll follow in your footsteps. I was a 3 and 50% at my 36 week appointment yesterday. I'd love to have this baby next week!

Celee
Crissy said…
Oh, that ear poking out is awesome!!! So precious!