Skip to main content

Long Day

What a day.  I woke up at 2:30 am (stupid pregnancy hormones), the boys woke up at 5:00 am.  That makes for a long day.  This morning I tried to get a picture of the awesomeness that was James' hair.  It was a thing of beauty.
 
Later he colored some beautiful pictures.
Then after a MUCH NEEDED nap time we played outside.  It was such a beautiful day.  But after yesterday's dust bowl they were filthy within seconds.  James tried to bully negotiate with Jude to give up the big wheels.
It didn't happen.
When we moved into this house in August of 2010 we put James' hand and foot prints in the cement in the courtyard.  I was pregnant with Jude at the time.  James didn't like getting his hands and feet dirty at all.  But look how he's grown!

After pretty much rolling around in the dirt for a couple of hours I gave them both baths, got them jammied up, and our sweet Nana came over to give me some adult conversation and salted caramels.  Because she loves me.
Yesterday while I was at Lowes to get touch-up paint that would turn into a major fail, we ran across this!
A Veggie Tales herb garden!!! 

So we are now the proud new owners of our very own greenhouse full of basil seeds that I am sure I will have to secretly replace with some fully grown basil plants because I, almost instantaneously, kill every plant that is ever unfortunate enough to find itself in my care.  They just see me and die.  I don't want James to go through that kind of heartbreak and disappointment.
I'm hoping we get a good full nights sleep tonight because as James would say, "I'm xausted, y'all."

Comments