Skip to main content

Impressive

James has always impressed me with his strength and acrobatic abilities ever since he was a tiny little guy.  But this one I just had to share.  He and Jude were in the bath the other day and he said, "Mom, look at this!"

I told him to hold it until I could get my camera.  I'm not even sure what is going on there but it's impressive.

Jude impresses me with his adorableness.  I love when he curls up like a baby.
 ~~~~~
We have been blessed by so much kindness this week.  On Monday a sweet friend from BSF brought over a huge fabulous meal complete with dessert AND breakfast for the next morning!  Tuesday, Karin, my wonderful sister-in-law, had us over for dinner and fixed the most delicious chicken enchiladas I've ever had.  YUM!  Then yesterday, a friend that I haven't seen in over 10 years stopped by with 4 casseroles for my freezer for a rainy day!  What a blessing!  Each of these sweet women were such an encouragement to me this week and I am so grateful.  The Lord is so good to put such precious people in my life to bring such relief on days when I need it so much.
~~~~~
When we went over to Karin and JT's Tuesday her house was, as always, perfectly clean and tidy.  Within 2 seconds of my boys stepping in the door it seemed as if the toy room exploded.
I think the boys love the change of scenery to all girl toys and pink...and so do I.  You can see above that Jude was enjoying having Addi fix his hair with a Barbie brush.  James and Jude love their sweet cousins.  At one point, Addi had to sit in time out and was a little upset about it.  James said, "Mom, what's wrong with that little girl?"  Or "grill" as he says it.
~~~~~
James is a lot like Brad when it comes to sizing people up.  They both know right away if they are going to click with someone or not.  I like to call it "being a good judge of character"...others may call it stand-offish or snobby.  But I just think they know what they like and don't waste their time if they don't see something they like.  Well, when my friend Kendra came over yesterday James definitely saw something he liked.  He actually walked out the door to hug her, and he's never met her before.  He definitely has good taste in women.  Kendra and I were standing in the kitchen talking when James walked in with his pants around his ankles proudly displaying his Thomas the Tank Engine underwear.  I turned to Kendra at an utter loss for words.  I had no idea what to say.  Or do.  She graciously smiled and said she understood because she too has sons.  It was just the oddest thing.  James has never done anything like that before.  He is usually so modest.  I had no idea what was going on.  We've been making a big deal lately about not having any accidents and wearing undies all day (instead of pull-ups)...so maybe he just wanted to share the specialness of his Thomas undies with Kendra.  I'm not really sure.  Then as we sat on the couch trying to talk, my boys turned into absolute monkeys.  They were crawling all over us and kept getting in Kendra's face.  All I know is that they sure love them some Kendra.  We hope she comes back soon.  I will try to keep them clothed next time though.  Clearly I need to work with them on appropriateness. 
~~~~~
The boys soak up all the Daddy-time they can get on Brad's days off.  So do I.  Last night, by the time Brad got in from work, James was past the point of needing his Daddy.  I love what a wonderful father Brad is and it shows by how much the boys love to spend time with him.  We are blessed.

Comments