Skip to main content

The Truth Hurts

Remember a few weeks ago when I made a feeble and pathetic attempt to keep the kids from making a big mess in their room by telling them the monsters live in their closet???  Well, that has been a running conversation in our house since then.  Unfortunately I have two little boys who are the type that face their fears instead of cowering in fear, trusting their dear mother's every word to be true.  One morning I went into get the boys and the closet was open and James exclaimed, "Look Mom!  There are no monsters in there!!!!"  Dang it.  I tried a few more times to convince them but to no avail.

This morning I was trying to drink my coffee in peace and read emails while James and Jude watched Monsters, Inc.  James looked at me and said, "Do monsters really live in the closet?"  I owned up.  I told him I was just joking when I told him that and there is no such thing as monsters.  Without missing a beat he said, "Oh.  So it was just a lie?" 

Ouch.

I told him that yes, it was a lie and I was sorry.  I better get a good nights sleep tonight because I can be sure that their closet is going to be emptied tomorrow morning now that the threat of monsters is officially gone.
Out of the mouths of babes...
Another thing James said this morning in reference to Toy Story 3 (we watch a lot of cartoons around here)..."Mom, I like Barbie a lot but I don't like Ken because I don't like him that much."  He is a good judge of character...Ken's sheisty.

Comments

Steph said…
nice mid thigh powder blue shorts ken....good call james!