Skip to main content

Slumpy?

James has done great with potty training.  He only has a few accidents here and there but overall is doing really well.  We made a deal with him that if he went a whole week with no accidents we would take him for ice cream!  Every time he successfully went potty he got a smiley face.  Any accidents would have been a frowny face. 
All smileys!  (He must have drunk a lot of water on Tuesday).
Off we all went for ice cream.  James got chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry ice cream with marshmallows, sprinkles, and nerds.
Jude is lactose intolerant so he got to play with a spoon.
Clearly I've forgotten how to brush James' hair.  What a ragamuffin.
 
Friday I took Jude to see Dr. Honey.  Poor little thing had to get another shot.
While Dr. Honey and I were talking Jude was climbing all over this chair.  Somehow he got stuck in the space between the seat and back.  It took both Dr. Honey and I to get him out.  I was glad she was in there so I didn't have to drag my chair-bound child down the hall to get help.
After getting a shot and stuck in the chair, we had to go to the hospital for an x-ray.  I thought I he deserved some of the hospital cookies.  (I don't know what they do to their cookies but they are fabulous!)
After all of that we went to get his prescription and Jude was exhausted.
Jude has been on his prescription for the MRSA on his throat for 2 days now.  He is so grumpy.  I don't know if that is because the meds are making him feel crummy or if he just feels overall yucky.  I take him back to the doctor on the 20th to see if the MRSA is gone.

When I went to my doctor on Monday we scheduled our appointment for the sonogram to find out the gender of the new baby. (Girl girl girl).  We will find out March 5th.  I can't wait!  I am 19 weeks now.  I can't believe I have to wait a whole month.  It's just cruel. 

Monday after finding out about Jude's MRSA I was a little bit down and discouraged.  It is just so frustrating that he stays sick for so long and I can't seem to get him well.  I just hate it for him.  So I felt like some retail therapy was needed.  The boys and I headed out to the mall.  I got the boys some things then headed down to the maternity store.  I was trying on some pink pj's in the dressing room and James said, "Mom, those are slumpy."  SLUMPY?!?!?  I don't know exactly what that word means but I think he very accurately described maternity pajamas.  Not exactly what my psyche needed at that moment.  His words cut like knives.  I got the pjs anyways and when I put them on last night he casually said, "Hmmm.  Slumpy."  Rude.  I'm guessing it's a combo between sloppy and dumpy.  O-well.  It is what it is.

Comments

Steph said…
I think slumpy means- I am jealous of how comfortable those look! poor judie bug. first not feeling well and then no ice cream... kid never catches a break!
Jen said…
I've been feeling pretty slumpy lately...I think that being pregnant you just feel slumpy some times! Im sure you're adorable with your cute little growing belly! I CAN'T wait to hear what yall are having! Be glad that your sono is a little later, we might have tried to look a little too early, at first our stenographer said, well, I cant be sure, {she was being very shy} but then she got a good shot at the end and said she was positive, but still, Dr. David said, from the sono pics I saw, I wouldnt rush out and buy pink...what the heck?! She said she was positive, and she does this everyday...I'm going with her...I've felt all along that it was a girl! Hope you're week gets better! :)
bonnie said…
That's hilarious. I wonder what emery would say about our comfy clothes when we change out of our work clothes every day...I guess she'll come up with something soon enough.
Anonymous said…
I'd make him go put a frowny face on his chart for a comment like that! ;o)

I'm glad potty training is going so well! James is doing great! That was the hardest stage for me as a parent. Lex got the daytime pottying down real easy, but the nighttime stuff took a LONG time. Or at least it felt like it to me. Soooo glad that stage passed!