Skip to main content

Pains And Trains

For the past couple of weeks Jude has had some weird bumps on his belly.  Then the other day...maybe a week ago...James got 2 huge bumps on his side.  Then they got really gross.  I won't go into it.  You should thank me for that.  So last night it got really bad and I sent Dr. Honey a picture and asked her what she thought.  She told me what to do and then we talked this morning and decided I needed to bring him in.  Jude had a few suspect bumps still so I drug him along for the ride.  And Nana too...because Nana makes everything better.
Jamesie was happy to get to play with the trains while we waited for Dr. Honey.
That is where the fun ended.  Dr. Honey had to lance and drain his bump.  That was one of the least fun things ever.  We had to have 2 other people besides me hold him down while Dr. Honey did the lancing.  Ick.  I knew we were in for a wild ride when she came back in the room and had tied her hair back...she meant business.

I promised Jamesie everything under the sun to get him through it.  So a trip down the toy aisle got him home with a whole slew of new Thomas toys.  Nana contributed to the spoiling.  As soon as he woke up from his nap (can you tell from his hair?) he got busy playing with his new toys.
He wanted me to take a picture of Thomas and Bertie...his two favorites.
There was a piece of paper that came with the track and it showed all the pieces you can get to go with the set.  James was every bit as interested in that as he was the toys.  He wasted no time studying it and trying to figure out which one he would get next.  As soon as his Daddy got in from his run he started hitting him up for the next trains.
I love his persistence. 
I just now got Jude up for his late feeding and he had some crazy hair.
And an attitude.
I love my sweet boys.  They are such a blessing. 

John 1:16- Out of the fullness of His grace He has blessed us all, giving us one blessing after another.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yikes! That sounds like an eventful doctor visit. And thanks for sparing the details. Stuff like that makes me really queasy!

I love that Thomas the Train set! Lex was into the same thing when she was younger even though Thomas the Train is more of a "boy" toy. She would play with those trains on the track for hours!!
Steph said…
doctors are never fun are they!?!? glad they were so well taken care of (by doctor, mommy and nana!!!) love judes nap hair!