Skip to main content

Happy 41st Anniversary Mom & Dad!

First and most importantly...Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! I love you! Thank you for the wonderful, beautiful example that your marriage is to me!
~~~~~

Last year I went all sorts of crazy over a little birdy nest that was on my porch. I became the crazy bird lady and posted about them here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here. Oddly enough.

Several weeks ago a Mommy and Daddy bird started building a nest on our front porch and it really annoyed me because their poop got all over. Brad knocked the nest down twice but they were undaunted. They rebuilt. So we gave up and let them take up residence outside our front door...but I wasn't happy about it. They would dive at our heads every time we went out. They are loud. They poop a lot. And the sight of their nest gives me the willies. But things settled down and I noticed that the Mommy bird was staying in the nest when I went out instead of flying off. I felt a kinship with her since she was sitting on her little baby eggs and I am pregnant. We made peace with each other.

Then yesterday James and I were leaving for church and I looked up there and saw a sweet little baby bird head poke over. So sweet. Even James seemed to think it was cute. We stared at it for a long time.So I'm sorry to say that this starts another string of crazy bird lady posts...at least until they fly away and I can reclaim my front porch again.
~~~~~

And because no post is really complete without some Jamesie...here he is with some crazy bedhead after his nap yesterday.Silly little boy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you for the anniversary comments. The years have gone in a blink. I love your Dad
MTTY/LTT.
Celee said…
Sweet pic of your mom and dad. They're great! We used to have bird problems on our front porch, too. I thought it was so cute the first time a bird built her nest there. Now we're after the nest with a broom before there are any little birdies in there.