Skip to main content

A Month

So today was the start of what is going to be a very long few weeks. Brad is out of town. For a month. Y'all, I'm not even kidding...a month. I mean, on a normal day I start calling him around 3:00 and bugging him to come home early because we're bored. For reals. Then he feeds me some sort of crap about having to bring home the bacon and whatnot and he can't leave work and whatever. It's just so much more fun with him around. So anyways...I'm that bad after a regular day...can you even imagine a month? Yeh, me neither.See...I don't do fun things like this. Because I'm not strong enough. And I'm pregnant. And I'm scared of getting kicked in the face and of getting a mouth full of drool.

So last night James soaked up all of the Daddy fun he could.And gave him lots of kisses.This little boy is crazy about his sweet Daddy.

This morning...James pulled out all the stops to postpone Brad's leaving. He threw balls. He brought him books to read. He clung to his leg. He cried. He gave him the pouty lip. He gave him his very best "get me out of trouble" smile. He kissed him. He hugged him. He even offered him his Puppy.But it was inevitable. He had to go. So we got donuts to distract ourselves from the sadness. Then we went to the pool and finally to Nana and Papa's after nap time. It's going to be a long month without him.

Comments

Peanut said…
Awww...I hate it when my sweetie is gone too! Maybe ya'll can come play one day with us to distract you. We'd love to see you! Good luck and I'll be thinking of you and James. :)
apryl said…
stephanie,

just want you to know I am praying for you! A month is a really long time without daddy, especially when your pregnant and emotional! Thank God for your parents living here! Let me know if you need anything at all, you can always come hang out with us!