Skip to main content

Camp M.K. Brown

Only a few more days until Brad is home for good but James and I couldn't wait any longer...we had to go visit him and see where he's been for the last few weeks. So today James, my Dad, and I went out to Camp M.K. Brown.

I don't know who was more excited to see who. Brad was pretty excited to see James. He's missed his little guy.Brad gave us a tour of the camp. It was really cool. This is the dining hall.James and Daddy chilling in the dining room. This was a chicken or rooster or something. I had no idea these things were so big! I thought it was a turkey or something. James clued me in when he gave his very best "DOODLE DOODLE DOOOOO!" upon seeing it. Translation: "Cock-a-doodle-doo". All I know is I'm getting gypped at the super market because the chickens I get are totally not this big.And what's up with the furry hobbit feet? I had no idea. Yikes!

Understandably, James had a few questions of his own.Next we got to see the tent where Brad has been living. Cozy.Then to the lake where there were lots of Boy Scouts swimming and canoeing.James enjoyed walking around with Papa.Then we had a little rest. Jamesies cheeks get all red when he gets hot. It is my meter for measuring when to stop and cool down.I miss Brad too. I will be so thankful to have him home with us.This is where we had the most fabulous steak dinner I've ever had. The Scout leader from Wheeler comes once a week and fixes the adults a delicious steak dinner, with salad, a baked potato, scrumptious homemade biscuits and dutch oven cobbler. YUM! While we waited...James pulled up some grass. I don't know. It's his new thing. I don't ask a lot of questions. He inspected some things on the ground with Daddy.He pointed out his new discoveries.He sat on a log.Here are my two guys! I love them so much.After dinner it was time for us to head back home. Jamesie was not too thrilled to leave his Daddy. Nor was I.It was so great to see Brad and to see the camp. It was beautiful.

~~~~~

And just a quick update on my baby birdies. Someone knocked down their nest and so now they just have to huddle together on top of the light. It breaks my heart. Poor babies. They weren't ready to leave the nest. I can relate.

Comments