Skip to main content

Hysterics & Heartbeats

So yesterday afternoon I got James up from his nap and everything was cool as usual. Then he tore into crazy freak-out mode. I had no idea what was happening. It is like he was in some major pain. He was grabbing onto me and doing weird things with his legs. I could not get him to calm down no matter what. I tried to put him down on the floor and he curled up in a little ball and just screamed. I was totally panicked because I didn't know what was hurting him. I called my friend Lorraine and told her what was going on. My Mom came in the door and I was about to head to the emergency room but on a whim (and out of desperation) I gave him a sippy of PediaSure. He sucked the whole thing down in about 30 seconds. I gave him another, he did the same thing. Then he looked at me and smiled. Little toot.

I called Lorraine back and told her we weren't going to the emergency room and she said she would stop by after work to check him out and make sure there was nothing more serious going on. What a major relief and comfort that was to have her here! I think she came more for my well-being than for Jamesies. She heard the sheer hysteria in my voice. Poor thing...she's heard that a few times since James' birth.But James managed to steal some snuggle time with her anyways.

Yeh, I'm a little bit spoiled to get house-calls.

~~~~~

Today was our first time to hear the baby's heartbeat!!! It is such a thrill! And it makes everything so much more real. It is so reassuring to hear that sweet little heartbeat. I love it!

So excuse the weird video. Brad and I will work on our technology skills for upcoming events. This is the best we could do for today. It's not about the video...it is about the sound.

And never mind the baby snot on Brad's jacket. He's been asking me to get it dry cleaned for him and I am a slacker housewife and haven't done it. Now that I see the grossness, I will do that promptly.

But on a positive note...you get to see Bradley's cute little pokie elf ear. So cute.

Comments