Skip to main content

The Missing Piece

Brad and I like to work a holiday puzzle.  Maybe that makes us big dorks.  So when we busted out this years big fun we quickly realized that we were going to have to do it without the help of all the little hands we have around here.  We found several pieces on the floor but I thought I was diligent enough to make sure they all made it back to the puzzle.  We upped the nerdiness when we decided it would be best to set up the puzzle on a card table in our bedroom and work on it after the kids were in bed.  So sad.  Why am I divulging all of this? 

All along we kept joking that we will probably get to the very end and be missing one piece.

And we are.  1 single piece.  And we blame it all on the children.

We became semi-obsessed with finding it and looked under all the furniture and even in the vacuums...to no avail.  Brad and I are so anal that he suggested going back to the store and buying another one, sorting through all 1000 pieces, just to find that one missing piece.  I'm tempted even though I think he was joking.

The best part was when Brad said, "See!  This is why we can't have nice things.  Because of those kids!"  I think he was half-way serious which made me laugh even harder.  Because puzzles are such nice things, right?
“The art of simplicity is a puzzle of complexity.” – Doug Horton

Comments