Skip to main content

The Games We Play

While I've been getting over the whole surgery thing...the boys have gotten to watch way too much television.  Today I made a concerted effort to limit the time they spent in front of the tv letting their brains turn to mush.  So we hit the ground running this morning at 4:50 am for a day of non-brain-mushing-fun.

We played Connect 4, the Matching Game, colored, worked 2 jillion puzzles, played hide and seek, built numerous block towers, did the Elmo chicken dance until we could dance no more, we painted, we made hot cocoa with marshmallows, we mopped the kitchen floor together after the hot cocoa was spilled ALL over it, we played Candy Land, I Spy, read books, and then around 4:00 pm I decided I had played my last game and let Spiderman and His Amazing Friends babysit for awhile.

I went grocery shopping after the kids were in bed and stocked my arsenal full of fun for tomorrow.  James' favorite thing in the world to do is make paper puppets and we ran out of paper sacks a few weeks ago and he's been asking for them ever since.  So we are back in paper puppet business with all sorts of other crafty things that make me want to curl up in the fetal position and suck my thumb, but James really seems to enjoy, so craft we shall!  The things he could accomplish if he had a crafty mom.  Poor kid.  He can tell his therapist all about it some day.  I'm doing the best I can.

Jude and his Chicken Dance Elmo.  I think I actually heard Elmo whimper at one point today.  If he could, I feel sure he would ask me to take his batteries out for just one afternoon.  He must be as tired as I am.
For the record...James won every. single. game of Connect 4.  Poor Judie Bug.  I tried to get James to let him win a game or two but he could not even comprehend such imbecility.  Truly his father's son.  A competitor to his very core.  Ironically though...Jude beat me at every single game.  Funny how that works, no?
And lest I think I'm the only game-player in the family...here are my nephews teaching Papa to play Mario Cart.  I hear he's pretty good too!
And it's not just all fun and games around here.  Tomorrow I plan on busting out a new workbook I got for James.  Watch out!  The fun never ends.

Comments

bonnie said…
You crack me up. My kids have been watching way too much tv lately and I haven't had surgery! I need to go get some craft supplies too so I can attempt to be crafty. I'm a little lacking in that area as well. My poor kids. I'd much rather do some math worksheets.