Skip to main content

No Shame

I was warned about what happens to your energy level after surgery...that you can be doing fine one minute and the next you've pushed too hard and you are left feeling exhausted and weak.  That happened today.  Grandma kept the boys while Brad, Katy Jane and I finished a few last minute Christmas errands.  It really wasn't that much but by the time we got around to dinner and getting everyone ready for bed I could barely move and was dizzy and woozy.

Brad is off for the next few days and back on Snuzi Duty...and James, Jude and Katy Jane Duty.  He has been a real trooper.  While he was at work the boys stayed over and Mom and Dad's and Katy Jane and I went back and forth.
Jude decided one day he was going to eat hamburgers.  This is a first and I am very happy.  Not that burgers are health food or anything but it's something different.  Variety is good.
Speaking of variety.  Brad brought home this little box of goodness for breakfast yesterday.  DD is new to town and I am a big fan.
This is what Katy Jane did today while Brad and I shopped.  What a good, dainty little princess.
I think Mom and Dad took the boys to the Discovery Center almost everyday while they had them.  The boys love it there!
 

And a little snuggle time with Papa.
 
While we were eating dinner tonight Jude poured his cup of juice on his head which necessitated a bath. I was too tired so Brad had that pleasure.  Bathing James and Jude at the same time is like bathing a tub full of cats.  Scary, splashy, and someone is going to get clawed.  And the bather is usually far wetter (and madder) than the bathee by the time it's all said and done.
While Brad finished up bathing James, Jude crawled into bed with me and wanted to play with my phone.  That's all fine and good until I try to take it away from him.  Then he uses one of his few words...MINE!  

Jude: MINE!  (Big tears)
Me: No Jude.  It is not yours.  This is Mommy's phone and I need it back now.
Jude:  ME!!!!  MINE!!!!!!!
Me: Jude.  Listen to Mommy.  Calm down.
Jude: MINE!!!!!!!!!!
Me:  Jude.  Calm down and listen.
Jude: (Grabbing for phone)
Me:  NO JUDE! 
Jude: (Busting out the big guns to break Mommy's heart...blankie to the face)
Me: Ok Jude.  Just let me show you something first.  Calm down.
Jude: MINE!  MINE!  MINE!!!!  MINE!!!!!!!!!!!
Me: Jude Quinn, you stop that right now.
Jude: (Sniffle.  Sniffle.  Rub face with blankie.  Crush Mommy's heart)
Me: Ok Jude.  Look at these pictures of yourself.  This is how you look when you throw a fit.
Jude: (Cheerfully) ME!
Me: (Gives up phone)
 But not before snapping a picture of the next clean baby out of the tub.  Drooly sweet mouth and all.
After we Brad wrangled her monkey-brothers into bed, Katy Jane daintily snuggled down with her #1.  Such a Daddy's girl. And a prissy one at that.
Two precious friends brought us a delicious dinner last night.  What a blessing!  My friend Penny makes these cookies that are the most delicious cookies you've ever eaten in your entire life.  Around here, we fight over them.  I'm for reals.  There were three left this afternoon and Brad, loving father that he is, told me to hide them from the children so we could eat them later with a cup of coffee.  I did.  And we did.  And we felt no shame.

Comments