Skip to main content

James And Barbie

So many bad days in a row can really wear you out.  I am ready for things to turn around here.  After a sleepless night because of two screaming boys, I finally realized that James was running a fever and not feeling well.  I had an appointment with my ob and a speech therapy appointment for Jude so I rescheduled Jude's appointment and made an appointment for James with Dr. Honey. I dropped Jude off at Nana's and James and I went to hear Katy Jane's heartbeat.  She is sounding and measuring good and thanks to the flu I actually lost one whole pound as opposed to the truckloads of fat I've been packing on lately.

Since James and I had am extremely tense and unfriendly morning with each other I thought we could use a cookie date between our appointments.
James chose a green frog cookie and a Sprite.
I chose a flower cookie and a cup of coffee.  Katy Jane thanked me.

Then it was off to see Dr. Honey.  I was sure James had caught the flu from me but thankfully he just has a cold...unless the labs come back to say he has strep, which I doubt.
"I don't feel very well."
James usually requests the "train room" but it must have been occupied because we got the Barbie room.  He asked me about all the "dolls" and I told him they were girl toys but then I saw Ken's legs sticking out.  I grabbed him up to show James and to our absolute horror he had no head.  Creepy.  I dug around and found Ken's head.  I said, "Poor Ken lost his head, he has a headache."  James asked me why Ken has a headache and I pointed to the 4 scantily clad Barbies lounging around Barbie's dream house and told him that Ken has a headache because he is shacking up with 4 women.  No good Ken.  Then James had the audacity to ask, "Does Daddy have a headache because of you?"  Ummm....yes.  Most definitely.

After so much talk about Ken and his lost head, headaches, and immoral lifestyle, I probably shouldn't have pointed out to James that he and Ken look a lot alike.  He didn't think it was funny at all.
I'm pretty sure James has a headache now.

Comments

Jen said…
haha! i love how the ken doll does look just like James! hoping everyone starts to feel better around your house soon! :)
LOL...That's hilarious that he asked if his Daddy has a headache because of you. I swear these kids put things together much quicker than they should! :)
Hope you all feel better soon!!