Skip to main content

The Flu

After my glowing report of how fabulous I am feeling during this pregnancy...it makes perfect sense that I would wake up with the flu today.  After a quick visit with Dr. Meeks to confirm, I ran to the grocery store to get stuff to make chicken noodle soup and pick up my prescription.  The cashier at the grocery store said, "You're pregnant and you already have your hands full! (motioning to the boys with a look of disdain on her face) I'm so sorry!"

WHAT!?!?!?!  Oh no you didn't!  I was horrified.  I replied, "My hands are full of my precious children and I am thankful!"  What the heck?  Who says something so awful?  Rude rude rude.  I should have sneezed on her.

My sweet Mom came and took the boys to play at her house and I am going to bed.  I hope tamiflu works fast.

Comments

LOL...Yes you should have sneezed on her! Surely she didn't mean it that way, but she still shouldn't have said it. Hope you feel better soon!!
Jen said…
Yes, you should have sneezed on her...rude! I love your response tho! Go you! I am always amazed by how rude some people can be...just because they couldnt handle it, what makes them think that we aren't super mom?! Cause we are :) Have a great weekend!