Skip to main content

30 Weeks

I'm 30 weeks pregnant today!  10 weeks to go.  James and Jude both came 3 weeks early so maybe I only have 7 weeks to go...but I'm in no hurry to kick her out...yet.  I'm sure that will change sooner rather than later.  I've found that with James, my pregnancy was the longest 9 months of my life.  I couldn't wait to hold him.  I did not like being pregnant.  By 30 weeks I was miserable and so ready to not be pregnant anymore.  I was filled with anxiety about if James would be perfect or not.  I just wanted to be holding him and know that everything was ok.  With Jude, that was the second longest 9 months of my life.  Because really...having just one baby is not that hard.  It seems like it at the time, but really, in retrospect, it was a cake walk.  I was just excited to meet Jude, get him out, and get on with life with two little boys.  And again, I was miserable.  With my boys, I was not a good pregnant person.  I didn't feel good, I was tired, cranky, and hungry.  So now with Katy...I have felt so much better and actually enjoyed this pregnancy.  And knowing that she is my last baby, I have wanted to savor every second.  I can't wait to meet her and have her here, but I don't want to forget to know what it feels like to have a baby moving inside me.  I love it.  And chasing two very busy boys around all the time keeps me super preoccupied.  So I guess all of that is why this pregnancy is flying by.  I can't believe I'm this close to the end.  But I'm excited too.  Oh these crazy pregnancy hormones.  Gotta love 'em.
Whoa!  Way too much zebra print.
Today I asked James to bring me all of his Puppies and his Thomas blanket and put them all in the wash.  He doesn't like when I wash them because he doesn't like to be without them for a second.  He said, "Bye bye Puppies!  Have a good wash!  See you when your dry.  I love you!"
Jude's speech therapist came over today to work with him.  I told James that if he was nice and quiet while she was here I would take them for ice cream afterwards.  Jude is making great progress...way better than I expected.  And James was a great big brother the whole time, so a celebratory ice cream was definitely needed.
 
 
Jude has a thing with trying on our shoes.  And I think it is super cute.
James has a thing with his poo poos.  He likes to tell me all about them.  For instance..."I just had a big, big, man poo poo."  Or "I just had a little wiggly worm poo poo."  Or my personal favorite, "I just had a bumpy alligator poo poo."  But today's description topped them all.
And for the record, there was actually a real "wiggly worm" in the bathroom.  I think it was a baby millipede or centipede or something like that.  But I mama'd up and took care of it...which does not come naturally to me.  I felt really brave.
~~~~~
My friend, Steph, just had her PRECIOUS baby Everett today and I am so thrilled for her and her sweet family of 4 now!  Congrats!

Comments

Jen said…
You are absolutely adorable! I feel the same way, about being excited and ready to meet her, but I'm trying to savor & enjoy this pregnancy! I love feeling Sophie moving around inside! It's the best feeling :) If you're 3 weeks early we just might be at the hospital together :) How fun would that be?! Yay! Love ya!