Skip to main content

Clumsy!

This morning as I was getting ready to leave for CBS, I gathered my books and purse in one arm and James in the other. I lost my balance and fell on my back with James landing on my belly. I started having sharp pains above and below my belly as well as on my back. I went ahead and took James to Mom's and went to CBS. On the way I called my ob's office. The nurse told me to come in to check the heartbeat. I left CBS early and went to the doctor's office. Thankfully the heartbeat sounded great. The little squirt was very active and swimming everywhere. Which only makes me more sure that this is another active little boy.

She said I just pulled those muscles that don't get used very often...or in my case, never. She also told me to take Tylenol every 4 hours and take warm baths every 4 hours...my pleasure!

I told you the other day about James' sweet attitude about helping me. Well today after I fell, I went to the other room and when I came back in he had gathered up my purse, books, keys and Puppy in his sweet little arms and was standing at the door waiting for me. It was the most precious sight. My boy is a blessing. Here he is just before the fall.And here is the back of his cute outfit with a little puppy tail.

Comments

Wendy said…
awwwww, Steph! Are you ok?
Anonymous said…
So glad you and Baby D are okay!

When I fell on my stomach at 27 weeks (remember? ugh!), the nurses at the hospital told me that there is enough amniotic fluid around the baby until 32 weeks or so to cushion the baby in case the mother falls. God knows how clumsy (or in my case, dumb!) we all are!