Skip to main content

The Rest Of The Story

We got to school on Thursday and I asked Mrs. Michael about James getting put in time out.  She laughed and told me that he put himself in time out.  She had given him and another boy a "verbal warning" about getting in the boat and the 2nd time James just went ahead and put himself in time out because he knew he had disobeyed.  She told him he didn't have to go to time out but he went anyway.  This all made me laugh.  I had worked it up into a huge problem in my mind...even wore waterproof mascara that morning in case I got tearful discussing the time out catastrophe with the teacher...and it was nothing.  James punishing himself was nowhere on my radar of possibilities.  But it does explain a lot...his nonchalance about being in time out, no tears about it, his excitement to go back to school, him still saying he loved his teacher, etc.  So...lesson learned.  I need to CALM DOWN! 

And this picture has nothing to do with this post.  But Jude got some new Elmo pj's and is crazy-pumped about them. He loves him some Elmo.  James never got into the whole Elmo thing.  Jude's a fan.

Comments

Sarah Hammer said…
HAHAHAHA! You will be amazed at how you, and everything in general will change over time with the school experience. I'm glad it worked out for you. Also--as Mom to some rehabilitated Elmo enthusiasts, you may or may not want to show Jude te YouTube video "I'm Elmo And I Know It". Just be forewarned, you can't unhear it and Jude probably won't let you forget it.