Skip to main content

Biopsy Results

Dr. Watt, Jude's oncologist, called me yesterday and as soon as her number showed up on my phone I froze.  A million thoughts ran through my head in the second it took me to answer...this is the moment we've been waiting for for 18 months, good news or bad news...here we go...

NO CANCER CELLS IN HIS BONE MARROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Lord!!!  Of course we are beyond excited, grateful, joyful, and ever-praising the Lord for this good news. 

So here is what it all means...Jude is technically "in remission" because there is a chance (a slight one) that the cancer could recur.  (We do not think that will happen!)  We will continue to monitor his blood and urine labs in Dallas until he is 18-21.  Dr. Watt reminded me that Jude is at risk for other complications due to his surgery, particularly if he were to have another abdominal surgery.  All of that is rather insignificant considering he fought cancer and WON! 
My precious friend Penny told me last night that the Lord wants us to live in the present and Satan wants us to live in the what-ifs.  God is in charge of the future and I can rest in Him.  So I am going to rejoice in the health He has given Judie Bug and trust his future health to the Lord.  I'm not going to let my fear of what could still happen to Jude in the future take away from this victory in the present.


THANK YOU for your prayers.  Over the past 18 months that has been the most important, thoughtful, meaningful thing anyone could have done for us.  When someone has told us they are praying for Jude it has given us such a peace and feeling of gratitude that others are lifting our sweet little boy to the Lord in prayer.  The Lord has heard.
 ~~~~~

Aside from that wonderful news we are fighting a few little bugs around here.  James has been feeling terrible since Sunday.  And Jude hasn't felt much better.
I took him to the doctor on Monday and he has pink eye and a cold.  Jude has strep.  And as of last night Katy Jane is congested, sneezing, coughing, and snotty.
So we are doing a jillion different medicines, breathing treatments, eye drops, nose sprays, cough syrups, tissues, and prayer.
And little visits from Nanapie help too.
And rest.  We need lots of rest.
But even with everyone being sick around here I continue to praise the Lord because of Jude's good report!  I can handle a few colds and pink eye.  I feel like with every breath I am thanking the Lord because of what He has done for Jude.

Psalm 30:11-12-You turned my wailing into dancing; You removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,  that my heart may sing to You and not be silent.  O Lord my God, I will give You thanks forever.

Comments

Jen said…
OH HAPPY DAY!!! Such wonderful news!!! Rejoicing with you all! Love you guys!
Unknown said…
What wonderful news! I cried as I read this. So happy for you all especially the little man.