Skip to main content

Elmo

Jude has decided that his thing is going to be Elmo.  One day while watching Sesame Street he started singing along and dancing to Elmo's World.  This makes me happy because James was never into Elmo so there will be no competition for the Elmo toys.  But I found out that we totally missed the Elmo craze.  I remember a few years ago that all you could see anywhere you looked was Elmo.  I also remember how annoyed I was by this and how ridiculous I thought it all was because I did not have children and did not yet know the lengths I would go to to please my little loves...red monsters and all.  SO...Mom and I went to every. single. store. in the town to find Elmo stuff only to find it in short supply.  I would have planned ahead so I could order things if I had known what a rarity it is these days.  O-well.  We scraped together what little Elmo stuff we could find.  I will be having a big party for both James and Jude later but since today is his actual birthday, I couldn't let the day go by without some recognition.  Especially with all that he has ahead for him this week.  He deserves some celebrating.  And I wanted him to have some special Elmo toys to comfort him at the hospital.

We started the day off right with donuts. 
"Just chillin' by the trashcan wearing my mom's muff muffs."
We got ready for the day and James chose to wear his Spider Man outfit all. day. long.  To Target and everything.  It was totally not worth arguing about and I think he looks cute in it anyways.
I made a quick cake for tonight.  And yes, I know it looks like a monkey made it.  I was in a hurry.
Then we went to Nana and Papa's!  They made everything look extra-special with balloons, banners, and Spider Man plates!
The boys sure love their Papa!
A lot.
An Elmo cell phone!
 
 
Make a wish!
I re-lit the candles for James to take a turn blowing them out.  You can see how Jude felt about this.
Sweet Nana and Papa didn't want to let Jamesie feel left out so he got a present too!
SPIDER MAN pajamas!  Or wajamas as James calls them.
Back to Jude...since it IS his birthday.  Elmo books, movies, cups, snack-holders, and a talking Elmo doll!
Show-stealer.
Jude's big treat came when Nana and Papa surprised him with his first big boy bike! It is just like James' only his very own!  What a great day!  Nana helped him learn how to ride.
 
He did great!
Both boys slept in their matching new Spider Man wajamas.

I hope the fun Jude had today can carry him through the next several days.  We leave tomorrow to go to my sister's house then on to Children's Medical Center the next day.  Thank you for your prayers for Jude this week.

Comments