Skip to main content

Joudini

I'm high-strung...or "finely wired" as my Mother calls it.  I don't take things lightly.  I totally overreact to most everything.  And in general...if I can find a way to be offended about something I will jump on it.  I know...I sound like a real treat, don't I?  So as the story of James' first timeout ever unfolds I have gotten increasingly more upset.  I have gotten myself worked up into an all out frenzy over this.  And poor Brad probably wishes he had not had the last 2 days off.  Because I try to whip him up into a frenzy with me but he remains altogether unflappable.  It's so irritating. 

To make matters worse, once I've decided to go ahead and get upset about something it is like my whole world implodes on itself.  Ok...that is a bit dramatic.  But here is what happened with my day.  Jude poured a cup of water all over my laptop, nightstand, and in the top drawer of my nightstand.  Now my computer is moving at a craptastically slow speed.  We may be parting ways soon.  Then Jude broke one of the handles off of our dresser on my side.  Rude.  Why not Brad's side?  I took James to gymnastics where they strongly encourage the adults to leave after dropping off their child.  The parent cannot be in the gym at all and if the parent stays, we have to wait in the lobby and are discouraged from looking in the windows at our child.  (Thankfully I have my friend Ashleigh to sit and talk to while we wait on our kids!)  Today while waiting, James casually strolls out of the gym to use the restroom like he's not just 3 years old and is capable of doing that by himself.  And because of all of the things I mentioned at the beginning and because mothers have intensely irrational fears about their children...I immediately imagined that if I had left as suggested and not been sitting right there he would have wandered right out of the front door and into the middle of the road and gotten run over, or a stranger would have picked him right up and taken him, or he might not have washed his hands after using the restroom.  Heaven forbid.  So now I will never feel comfortable leaving him there and will forever (until the end of the semester) have to wait in the lobby for an hour.  After overreacting to that I came home to obsess some more about the whole timeout issue when Jude had the nerve to interrupt my aberration by waking up from his nap and having a massive tantrum.  I can only handle one tantrum at a time so mine had to wait.  I went upstairs to get him and discovered why he was so upset.  Apparently his allergies had gotten completely out of hand and he was sitting there like a big fat walrus with huge ol snot tusks hanging from his nose screaming his head off.  Gross.  He had spread the snot love all over his face, in his ears and throughout his hair.  He hasn't mastered the art of blowing his nose yet so I drug him downstairs to clean him up and use the booger sucker on him.  Using a booger sucker on a 2 year old is not a one man job.  Brad holds him down, James distracts him, and I brace his head with my feet and operate the booger sucker.  And even with all three of us working together, Jude still manages to get away from us with plenty of snot to spare.  He's like Houdini.  How one little person can make so much snot and get away from 2 adults and 1 big brother is mystifying. 

O-well.  Tomorrow I will talk to James' teacher, commandeer Brad's laptop, try to fix the dresser handle, teach James about stranger danger, and give Jude a major dose of Claritin. 

Tonight while I was feeding Katy Jane I passed her to Brad for him to burp her.  For some reason he was singing the "moves like Jagger" song...mooo-oooo-oooves like Jagger...and it made Katy Jane do this...
Which totally cracked us up...and that totally cracked her up...
I need to add combing Katy's hair to my to do list.  Yikes.  And maybe voice lessons for Brad.

Comments

Jen said…
I always think the exact same thing about Sophie when I'm no where near a comb or a brush, and then I forget...til later when I'm yet again now where near a brush! Then once I'm near a brush Sophie is asleep...such a predicament! Oh well, her bow usually hides it! Glad James had a good first day of school, Abby did too! Wait til James starts kinder...I'm just now coming out of mourning...seriously, this one kid less thing is nice, but we sure do miss Emma all day long!
JEB said…
I just sat here and laughed out loud all by myself! I'm sure this is not so humorous to you, I hope tomorrow goes a little more smooth :)