Skip to main content

This And That

Brad and I have had several conversations lately about how dramatically that third little bundle of joy changes things in a big way.  Sleep.  I miss sleep so much.  And Kate is a great sleeper...but the boys are in a funky stage of waking up early and waking her up and then waking me up.  I'm trying to remedy this but to no avail.

And as exponentially as the third child increases the workload...she has also exponentially increased the joy.  She is a happy and very good baby.  We are so in love with her.  Today she started sitting in her boppy and bouncy swing.  I had sort of forgotten about these two things but she is a big fan!  Now maybe some hair will grow in on the back of her sweet head.
James is still loving school. His sweet teacher left this note at the bottom of one of his school papers last week.
Before school one day he was complaining about still being hungry even though he had a big breakfast.  I just couldn't send him into school hungry so I dug a fudge round out of his lunch box and let him gobble it down before I took him in.  Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
He is such a little ray of sunshine.  Thursday as we were rushing into school I realized I had forgotten to pray with him before we left the house.  I stopped and we prayed before we got into the school.  He kissed me when we were done praying and said, "Thank you Mommy for praying."  Then as we finished walking in, there was a red candy wrapper thrown on the ground.  James said, "Thank you Lord for that beautiful flower!"  Glass half full.

When Brad is working nights my sweet Mom will often come over in the evenings to help me during those last horrible couple of hours before bedtime when children turn into little monsters that make you want to tear your hair out.  She has the magic touch.
On this particular day she brought me my favorite vanilla latte with 1/2 the syrup and an extra shot.  An angel of mercy she is.

The past two weeks have been very trying.  I blame a lot of it on the kids just getting over being sick, too much scheduled, and too little sleep.  I have just felt very out of my depth in the parenting department.  There is mounting frustration over trying to get Jude into a good speech therapist so we can hopefully work towards getting him to talk instead of squealing.  I cannot put into words how upsetting it is when I have listened to a full day of spine shattering squealing.  I realize that he is probably just frustrated because he can't verbalize what he wants...so he squeals.  But he honestly will squeal so loudly that it makes me dizzy and ends most days with an intense headache.  As painful as it is...it is equally as heartbreaking because I know he wants to talk as much as we want him to.  Add to that, that at his 2 year well check this week we were reminded again about his heart murmur and now have to see a cardiologist.  No sooner do we get the good news of remission than we get this news.  So when my friend Lori brought over a baby gift for Katy Jane it could not have been more timely and needed.  She brought over this plaque.
I hung it at the bottom of the stairs where I have many pictures of the children hung.  So every time I go down the stairs I see this precious reminder of my three little blessings.
The hand prints on the left are James' from about a year ago.  The hand prints on the right are Brad's when he was about the same age.
 
Yes, THESE are the precious children God has given me.  And God has been very good to me.

Comments

Jen said…
Praying for precious Jude and his little heart murmor. Ethan had a irregular heartbeat before he was born, which completely freaked me out, they delivered him earlier than planned because of it. Because most of the time, birth itself is the remedy. A day after birth it corrected itself! Hallelujah! Then the next day they found a murmor. {ups & downs!} But thankfully, it too corrected itself a day or two later! Praying for healing for your precious Jude! Love you guys!
apryl said…
Who are you using for speech Therapy? Call me or text me I have a great therapist you will love!!!