Skip to main content

Party Time

For the past 4 years I have done the boys birthday parties at home with just our families because I figured they were too young to care or know any different.  This year we decided to throw them their first friend party at Cheer Texas.  It is a cheer/gymnastics place that you can rent out and they blow up big bouncy castles and the kids can jump on the trampolines and in the foam pit.  All super fun.  We got there a little early to set up the cake and stuff.

It was still a little early so we got the place to ourselves for a few minutes.
James and I jumped in the foam pit together.
The whole happy foamy family minus Katy Jane.
Jude was FEARLESS!  He would just take off running and dive into the foam pit.  I was so surprised.
 
Papa, Nana and Katy Jane.
Grandma, Grandpa and Katy Jane.
James at one of the bouncy houses.
Sweet Zintha.
Cousin Addi.
My precious friend Penny.
Lindsay and Grayson.
Sweet Dannie feeding Katy Jane.  Dannie is the Katy whisperer.  I swear she can get that child to calm down the second she holds her.  
James and Zintha.
 
Oh my gosh look at this beautiful child!  So cute!
King of the castle.
Gabbie and Jamesie.
Sweet little Emery.  I love this little girl.  She was diagnosed with NB when she was only 7 weeks old and her parents, Bonnie and David, were extremely instrumental in helping us through the very difficult early stages after Jude was diagnosed as they had already walked that road before us.  We love them. And she called the foam pit "big marshmallows".  So cute!
I think the foam pit was the favorite.
My little gymnast.
Brad and some of his BFFs.  Brian, Chris, and Deni.  This group (as well as a few of their spouses and twins not pictured) have been in Brad's life for a very long time and are like family.  I'm glad they took me in.  We are blessed.
Our wonderful Dr. Honey and Gabbie.
Cake time!

 
This is Bonnie and Luke.  Presh!  Luke is just a few days older than Katy Jane.
Present time!
 Also known as Complete Pandemonium.
 
I deteriorate quickly amidst chaos and my first instinct was to get up and run and let someone else handle the flying paper, gifts, and making sure the children looked at and thanked the gift-giver.  No such luck when you are the mom.  I love the picture below because my very calm, wonderful friend Penny stayed beside me writing down the gifts and made sure I stayed put and didn't flee the scene.
Oh my mercy...a Hokey-Pokey AND Chicken Dance Elmo!!!!  Jude hit the jackpot!  I can't even tell you how many times Brad and I have done the chicken dance today with the kids.  Jude is in Elmo heaven!
Cole and Caleb
Sawyer, Ethan, Will, and Charly.
 
 My wonderful friend Sarah.


After the party Katy Jane was flat worn out.  She needed to rest.  It must have been very stressful to be the sister of the birthday boys.
It was such a fun birthday party.  The boys had so much fun!  We are so grateful to get to celebrate another year of our sweet boys lives.

Comments

Unknown said…
I like the "grab the ball and dance"
move. Very cute!! And I also like how cleeeean your house is. Nice! How does that happen with 3 little ones???
Jenniffee said…
Awwwww....sweet memories!!!!! They are precious!!! However, I am thankful we never went through the "Elmo stage"!! You and Brad are so blessed!!!!!
Jen said…
SO fun! We really are too much alike! We just had a birthday party for Miss Abby at a place like Cheer Texas here in Lubbock! So nice to just show up and let the kids run around and destroy another place besides my house! Happy Birthday Sweet Jude! :)