Skip to main content

A Routine Monday

This is one of my favorite things to see when I wake up in the morning.

I love to see his little face peeking over the end of our bed. And always with that sweet sleepy smile.

Next it was bath time. James' favorite.

Mondays are my day to get a jump on the week...to get all those not fun chores started and out of the way. I generally like to do a little laundry every day so it doesn't pile up on me. Ummm....yeh.

It doesn't always happen though. I'm a little behind.

While James is down for a nap...or "quiet time" since he doesn't usually nap but looks at books...I get to have some sweet time alone with Jude.

This afternoon Jamesie helped me get dinner started.
 
He helped me count the meatballs.

He's a great little sous-chef.

Finally Daddy got home and it was time to stack.

He's getting pretty good!

As soon as James gets his jammies on he loves to slide down the stairs...over and over and over.

Jude thinks it's funny too!

Whew! What a busy Monday. Today as I was getting my third and final meal of the day prepared, I thought about how fortunate I am that I get to do exactly what I want to be doing. There is nothing in this world I would rather be doing than taking care of these precious boys, cooking, doing mountains of laundry, and staying home. I am so blessed and thankful.

Psalm 127:3-4 Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring are a reward from Him. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are children born in one's youth.

Comments

Celee said…
I agree. I also try to get a jump on things on Mondays, but wasn't so successful today. Oh well, I did take Calvin to his 4 month doctor's appointment and did the three meal thing. I guess that's something :). And helped Mia with math. And went to the store. And made some granola. Come to think of it, it's amazing that I ever get anything else done!

Jude's personality is really coming through. He's such a cutie, just like his big brother.

Celee
Love your Post!! Very sweet!!
I got your message about making the wreath and I say GO FOR IT!! Feel free to mention me.. I actually grabbed the idea from another blog too... its all about sharin' some cute stuff with bloggy friends! :)
Hugs!