Skip to main content

KJ

Katy Jane will be admitted to the hospital for 3 days on Monday for a video EEG.  We are praying this will give us the much needed clarity as to what is going on with our sweet girl.  We had a great deal of difficulty getting the new medication but were finally able to get it Thursday after our nurse spent several days on the phone trying to get it.  I am so grateful for Raine and Dr. Honey and how they advocate on our behalf.  We are tremendously blessed.  So far the new medicine seems to be helping but I am being cautious with my hope because we have been down this road several times before thinking something was working for her and it was short-lived.  Lately it just seems like the light is gone from her eyes and I feel like she looks sickly.  She's not as cheerful and bright-eyed as she once was and it is killing me.  It breaks my heart.  I'm assuming it's due to pain but I just want some answers.  She is eating less and is not as interested in her baby food as she once was.

Every afternoon James likes to spend time doing yard work with Brad while the littles nap.  It's their thing.  I don't do yard work and have no interest whatsoever in gardening, planting, pruning, or landscaping.  In fact, I pretty much kill any plant that is unfortunate to find itself in my care.  I have the opposite of a green thumb...whatever that would be called.  The good news is that Brad is a landscaping genius.  He can turn the ugliest yard into a work of art and can make anything grow.  He has a gift.  James inherited that from him.  I sit and watch and try to get a little bit of sun on my lily-white skin before I have to wear shorts in public.  Anyways, today James found a worm, much to his extreme delight.
 
He told us he named him "Mr. Angry Eyes".  Ummm....ok.

Then he pulled Isabella around in his wagon.  She weighs more than he does already so it was a feat.
Then he found a ladybug.  He knows that a ladybug is the only bug beside a butterfly that I like.  He was so delighted to find her for me!
 
After all of that yard work, dog wrangling, and bug catching, he was exhausted.  He fell asleep on our bed watching a cartoon.
Please be praying with us for Katy Jane and her time in the hospital  Pray that we come away with the answers we need and for a good plan moving forward.  Thank you so much.

We will be repeating Jude's labs after this hospital trip and I will keep you posted on the results of that. 

Comments