Skip to main content

Packing Again

I will be leaving tomorrow with the two littles for Dallas.  Jude's appointment is Wednesday morning and Katy Jane's is Friday morning.  Four fun-filled days of driving, hotels and hospitals with a 2 year old and a 9 month old.  Bet your jealous, right?

I'm dreading this trip for so many reasons.  The obvious is because I have 2 babies that need to go to a children's hospital and that just sucks.  I'm also dreading it because I feel like I just got all 3 of my kids back together under one roof and now I have to leave my Jamesie again.  I hate being away from him.  Hate it!  Also, we just got into this house, haven't even gotten unpacked yet, and now I am packing up again to leave town for the week....

As I was typing that ridiculous, ego-centric paragraph and feeling all sorry for myself I was just reminded of a friend's blog I just read.  She is battling cancer again for the jillionth time.  After I read her post, the next post on my reader was from another person's blog about how to make Easter cupcakes.  I was struck by the utter superfluousness and superficiality of it.  "Cupcakes!?!??!  HOW CAN SOMEONE BE POSTING ABOUT CUPCAKES when people are dealing with CANCER?!?!?!?!?!?"  Of course this is my exhaustion, stress and emotion talking because 99.9% of anything I ever post about is total fluff and frivolity.  But I just don't want to go.  I don't want to uproot all the kids again.  I don't want to deal with cancer and spasms and sandifers syndrom and medicine and labs and blood work and doctors and nurses and cancer beads and hotels and traffic and waiting for hours and hours and hours with other people who are not wanting to be dealing with the same thing and probably worse.  And maybe they are dealing with it without the blessed help that I get from the Lord and from my family and friends praying for us.  Maybe I should just shut up and post about Easter cupcakes.

The upside?  This hospital has a fabulous cafeteria AND a Starbucks.

Friday will be the two year anniversary of when Dr. Honey discovered Jude's tumor at his 6 month well-check.  Saturday will be 2 years since he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma.

The other day I ran back by our old house just to make sure everything was out and clean and ready to sell.  As I was walking out I passed Jamesies little hand and foot prints that we did in the concrete we had poured in the courtyard right after we moved in.  And although this is an absolutely joyful move to a larger home with a wonderful backyard for the kids to play in, I had a little pang of nostalgia.
 
As I've been busy today packing to leave town, the boys have been largely left to their own devices for entertainment.  I went looking for them today and found that James took it upon himself to begin potty training Jude. I hadn't planned on starting this until we got back from Dallas, but by all means....
One last thing...my precious friend Penny knows me so well.  Our personalities are very similar and so she totally "get's me".  The other day she sent me a link to this blog thinking it might resound with me.  It was so refreshing and comforting to read.
 http://natepyle.com/confronting-the-lie-god-wont-give-you-more-than-you-can-handle/

Thank you for your prayers for Jude, Katy Jane and I as we travel to Dallas for their appointments.  Please pray for the doctor's wisdom as they see Jude and Katy Jane and help to give us guidance on moving forward.  I will keep you posted.

Comments