Skip to main content

On The Move

We closed on our house Thursday and, as it goes with every move, it did not go smoothly or as planned.  It's ok though!  We are slowly but surely making progress.  Our family has doubled in size since we moved last so it is more difficult than I expected.  Adding to the lengthiness of it is the fact that we are having a little work done on it before we officially live there.  We are having the living room re-done and part of that is having the ceilings scraped.  After just this one room I am beginning to wonder what is so bad about popcorn ceilings after all.  I think I can deal with those better than I can deal with the mess that is all over my house after just one room being scraped. 

Our friends Jenniffer and Cody gave us one of their sons bedroom stuff and helped us get it all set up today.  The boys LOVE it!  Jude exclaimed "YEE-HAW!" when he walked in and saw it for the first time.
 
My little cowboy is in love with his new cowboy room!
The kids have spent the last 3 nights with Mom and Dad while Brad and I worked on the move.  They had so much fun and I was so grateful for the uninterrupted work time.  But I missed my babes.  Especially this portly little princess.  Look at those butterball thighs!
The other day James got to push a kid cart at the grocery store.  He loved it.  I don't think the store did though.  He was a wild man!  I'm not sure how many shelves I re-stocked that day after he ran into them.  He sure felt like a big boy though.
I will post more pictures as we get more work done on the house.  I didn't anticipate how long it would all take.  Brad and I used to be able to knock out a move in 2 days.  We are getting old and run down.  This better be the last move for a long time.  It's too physically hard and exhausting.  Everything on me hurts right now.  At this rate, my next move might be to the nursing home.

Comments