Skip to main content

Reassurance

It has been a long sick week.  A cold/sinus infection/ear infection/bronchiolitis/wheezy/snotty/nasty sickness has torn through our family.  Finally we are all pretty much better.  Why is it the snot and coughs seem to last forever?  Gross.
When everyone is sick like we've been I try to keep everyone in and snuggled down.
 
I certainly don't mind the extra snuggles.

I love this sweet face.  He goes to school 2 days a week and I miss him so much when he is gone.  I'm always early to pick him up because I can't wait any longer.
The other day James asked me what Nana and I used to do together when I was a little girl. I listed off some of the fun things we did together and one of them was making paper puppets.  James jumped on the idea.  I have made more paper puppets in the last week than I ever wanted to.  James loves him some crafts.
 
Jude thought the glue sticks were chap stick.  It made for some sticky kisses.
Still smearing it on.
There you go...that's where you are supposed to put it!
Here are some of James' puppets.
Crafts aren't really Jude's thing.  He took his paper puppet and put it on his head and went to go play his guitar.  Rock on.
Having a little girl is like having a little dolly to play with and dress up everyday.  I love it.
I could just eat her up with a spoon!
Katy Jane loves her "blank" as much as Jude loves his.  Both of them lace their fingers and toes through them.  So cute!
Judie Bug around the same age with his blank.  I love those little piggies.
When I took these pictures of Jamesie running to see his Nana I immediately thought back to my wedding day.  Brad and I were married in a perfect and beautiful wedding in my parents back yard.  At one point in the evening the photographer took Brad and I out front for some pictures.  We walked back to the back yard down this side and stopped for a few minutes to look at everyone and how beautiful everything looked and how thankful and happy we were. 

I didn't know then how much happier I would be with our three little darlings 6 years later.
James loves going over to Nana's and asks to go every single day.  We usually stop by after school for a sussie and talking about the school day. That little boy sure loves his Nanapie!
I was disappointed by the outcome of the election this week but found great comfort in some encouragement and wisdom from my friend Penny.  She reminded me that the Lord can use the ungodly in mighty ways.  In the book of Daniel he used them more mightily than He used the godly.  The Lord allowed the outcome of this election so therefore it is good.  I trust the Lord.

I also found encouragement in this article by Jim Daly from Focus On The Family.

Isaiah 3:10-Reassure the righteous that their good living will pay off. (From The Message)

In a post-election interview with Mike Huckabee, he had further encouragement. He said that we must never put all of our hope in a political system. The real hope is in building character in our children and raising a generation that honors the Lord. He said that we have the right to love our nation, criticize our nation, and change our nation. We must pray that the Lord will bring this nation back to a knowledge of who He is and why we must follow Him. Amen to that!

Comments

Unknown said…
Love you all. Love the pics. So, so sweet! xoxo