Skip to main content

I'm Not A Good Wingman

Before it reached 200* outside today the boys and I went outside to play this morning.  While we were visiting with one of our neighbors and meeting his new puppy, a beautiful little girl named Ivy came from out of nowhere.  I kid you not...this little girl was so pretty both of the boys and I just stared at her in stunned silence.  James finally asked her to stay and play while I started digging for information on where she came from.  Apparently she was visiting her grandmother.  That did not narrow it down as we pretty much live in a retirement community.  I also found out that she is 4 which she told me as she prissily put on her grape lip gloss.  James was totally entranced by this point.  Jude got bored and went off to eat dirt in the neighbor's yard...I think his type will be a little bit more low maintenance.  I asked everything I could think to ask a 4 year old little girl as she played with sidewalk chalk and kept a side eye on James.  James pulled out all the stops and offered her a ride on his bike.  She politely declined and said she had to go.  Gone too soon.  We were so sad.  James and I watched her walk off and he said, "That is a booful grill!"

Then our precious neighbors Wayne and Karen came over.  They are my surrogate parents as well as the best part about this neighborhood.  Katy Jane immediately barfed on Wayne.  James said to him, "That was rude of Katy Jane to fro up on you."  He may still be working on his game with the ladies but at least he knows it is rude to vomit on people.  Baby steps.
I walked into the living room today and found Jude working on my computer.  I think it might be time for me to limit my computer usage to after the kids are in bed because apparently he sees me like this too often.
Brad got in a little snuggle time with James and Katy Jane while Judie Bug was napping.  James said that he was tired and Brad said, "You can sleep on my shoulder".  James took him literally and thought he meant for him to get on his shoulders to sleep.  No wonder he was so confused.

Comments