Skip to main content

Welcome To The Family

A few months ago the Lord individually laid it on mine and Brad's heart to begin searching for another church.  We didn't discuss it at the time and neither knew that the other was thinking and praying about the same thing.  Through a series of events, we began to talk about things and realized that we were both wanting the same thing for our family...and that was clearly lacking where we were.

To my shock and delight, my previously Catholic husband suggested that we visit First Baptist Church where James goes to preschool.  Every time we were up at the church dropping James off or picking him up, the staff and people there were always so welcoming and kind and warm. Elaine Clark drew us in with her warmth and love.  She certainly started the ball rolling in the FBC direction.  My children (and all of us) fell in love with her.  James will see her across the church, screams her name, and runs full speed and hugs her. Everyone is just so available and accessible.  I can't tell you what it does to my heart to see my children run to the pastor and to be accepted with open arms and a big hug.  This sense of family and love is what we want for our kids.  We are so grateful and excited. 

Elaine introduced me to Tara and I haven't quit bugging her since.  I've cried to her, laughed with her, drawn strength from her, made her my fashion guru, marveled at her ability to beautifully balance so many roles, and used her as my GPS to navigate the church.  How I've survived this many years without these girls is beyond me.  I'm so grateful the Lord has placed them in my life.
After visiting for several weeks, we joined this Sunday and had the children dedicated.  It was such a special time and a beautiful welcome and dedication. When a child is dedicated the congregation sings the most precious song.  I had to fight back tears as I stood there with our three babies and heard the congregation sing these words to them. So beautiful!
May blessings be upon you, precious baby.
May favor rest upon your family.
May your future be a holy legacy; 
May blessings be upon you, precious baby.
Cue the waterworks for this momma.  At the end of the dedication time and presentation of new members, the church all says, "Welcome To The Family" and that is truly what it feels like...a family.  Brad and I have been so blessed by the warmth and love that has been extended to us.  We are so excited to be a part of the family at First Baptist Church.
My Mom and Dad were able to be there to support us and be a part of this special time.
Really Katy Jane?!?!? Really???? Come on girl!

Comments