Skip to main content

Big Dudes

Our family has run the gamut of sicknesses for the past two weeks.  I am glad that we are on the mend.  It started with James coming into our room in the middle of the night 2 weeks ago.  I don't even remember waking up.  I just remember standing on Brad's side of the bed with James as he puked all over our bed.  Several times.  That was round 1 of the stomach bug.
 
Around that same time Katy Jane had an ear infection.
 
Next up was Jude.  One night I had gotten the table set with dinner.  I called everyone to the table and we started eating.  I got up to get something and heard the unmistakable sound of the lurching that precedes a big barf.  I turned around just in time to see that Jude had stood up in his chair (for better coverage no doubt) and was spewing vomit all over the table and everyone's food.  And we were having chili.  Needless to say we all lost our appetite.  That was round 2 of the stomach bug.
Brad called one day from work feeling nauseated.  He went way downhill after that.  He went to the doctor and had strep and had hurt his back to the point he couldn't even walk.

Then things circled back around to James who got strep and croup.

I think I got the least amount of sickness.  I had one day where I felt crummy but was mainly just exhausted from taking care of sick people for 2 weeks.
Thankfully, we are all well now!  And I spared you the more grotesque parts of the past 2 weeks.  You're welcome.



Things I've learned over the past two weeks of infirmity and malaise:
~A king-sized comforter does not fit in the washing machine. Just take it to the dry cleaners.
~Katy Jane loves chicken noodle soup, like crazy style.
~I can handle the kids being sick or Brad being sick. I do not handle everyone being sick at once very well.
~Always keep zofran on hand.
~My kids will always be the most sick on the weekend or on Dr. Honey's day off.
~Once you have "sick laundry", you will never get caught up on laundry. Ever. Stop trying.
~If one person in the family gets it, we probably all will.
~I need a tool belt that holds the lysol bottle, clorox wipes, hand sanitizer, kleenex, barf bags, thermometer, disposable gloves and zofran. And xanax for me.


Meanwhile, the kids got their first real Bibles and were so thrilled and excited.  I pray they always have that much love for God's Word. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
James' school had "Donuts for Dad" day.  James had his Daddy and his Papa with him.  What a blessing!  I love how proud and excited he looks in this picture. 
James made the tie Brad is wearing.  So precious!
 
 
Last night we made smores.  James calls it "burning marshmallows". 
When we were at the store getting the marshmallows James saw the gigantic ones that are about the size of a toilet paper roll that his Aunt Care Care has brought a couple of times and roasted with him.  (Such a fun Auntie).  He asked if we could get those and I said, "No, those big dudes only get brown on the outside.  They don't melt all the way through."  Nothing else was said about it until we got to the check-out.  James was helping me load the groceries on to the belt.  There were people in front of us and people behind us.  James LOUDLY says, "How come Aunt Care Care likes the big dudes that are brown on the outside????"  Sorry Carrie.  You might have a bit of a reputation next time you are in town.
 

Comments