Skip to main content

Our New Addition

After Isabella died I thought we would need to wait awhile before finding another dog...you know...to let our hearts heal and stuff like that.  Turns out, I'm better at denial.  And bought another dog.  We had talked about a labradoodle in the past.  Brad has always liked them.  I took the kids to "just look" at a litter that was supposed to be ready in 2 weeks.  And as I have said before, if I see it, I will want one...when it comes to dogs.  So I only ever go "just look" when I am certain I'm ready to get one.  But, they surprised us and said we could take one home that day instead of waiting two more weeks.  (What's the deal with all of our dogs weaning early???)  James chose an apricot one...I was told by the breeder it was apricot.  Looks cream to me, but whatev.  He also picked the curliest one.
We surprised Brad with him!  He loves him!  Such a fun, furry surprise!
We bathed him right up, ironically with apricot scented shampoo and he turned into a big adorable fluff ball.
James and I were discussing names and I had thrown out several, which he turned down.  Then all the sudden, he said, "Let's name him Wally."  I told him we had to wait and make sure Daddy liked it.  We all agreed on it.  So it's officially Walter but we have called him Wally...it seems to fit better since he's small.  For now.
Except for that belly.  The boy can put away some puppy food.
Cutest puppy ever.  He will be 6 weeks old tomorrow and he weighs 5 pounds.
Jude has cynophobia.  (Scared of dogs).  He got somewhat better with Isabella but with Wally, he's been great!  I wonder if it is the difference in temperaments of the dogs?  One's a guard dog, sort of fierce and always on alert...and the other is just a big sweet ball of fluff and love.

Today he really wanted to get into the pool.  He tried several times.  I think he's going to be a swimmer.
A side-note on Isabella.  I didn't go into much detail on my last post.  But unfortunately she was hit by a car Friday night and died Saturday afternoon.  We had to have her put to sleep as she was suffering beyond what the vet was able to heal.  It was a heartbreaking, gut-wrenching day.  We are happy to have Wally to cheer us up.  He's doing a great job so far!

Katy Jane has made a lot of improvements lately!  She crawled for the first time today...to her Nana!  I bet by tomorrow she will be crawling all over the house.  She is also off all of her medication now and is having NO spasms!!!!  I took the incline out of her bed this week and she is doing great!  We are so grateful and excited for the HUGE improvements.
The Lord is so good to us and we are so grateful for how He loves us and continues to teach us and pull us to Himself during trying times.  Sometimes learning is hard.  I just pray we are able to use it for His glory.  Honestly, the last few things that have happened I have had a pretty crummy attitude about.  Sometimes I just want to say, "Enough is enough!!!!  I need a break!" The Lord knows that the deepest desire of our hearts is to become more and more like Him, to raise our children to love and honor Him, and to live a life that pleases Him...even when it is agonizingly difficult to wade through certain situations.  How do people do it without Him though?  I just don't know.  To have a Savior to go to, to pray to, to lean on...what would we do otherwise? God is good, all the time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Same anon as previous post. Sorry about Is. Losing a puppy or any pet that way is even more difficult than by natural causes. The new guy is a fluffy little guy & i think its temperament will definitely be good for jude to help ease his fears. Also, glad to hear your sweet little girl is doing so well now!
Jen said…
seriously, that is THE cutest puppy!!! and YAY for no more spasms! Praise the Lord :)
Bradley R said…
Greatt post thankyou