Skip to main content

Catching Up

This is possibly the longest I've ever gone without updating.  Wrangling three babies is proving to be a much weightier task than I planned on.  But I absolutely love it.  So here is what has been going on over the last 10 days.

I fell asleep with Katy Jane and when I woke up and looked down, this is the sweet little face I saw.  I'm so in love with this little girl.
So are her brothers.  They have decided that they want to hold her all the time.
She's getting used to it.  She handles it like I handle bees...just be real still until they go away.
We went to see our wonderful friends Bean and Lindsay this weekend.  We had a great time.  In spite of two of my kids inexplicably vomiting in their beautiful home. What the heck, kids?!?!  Where are your manners?
The boys were impressed with Lindsay's coloring skills as well as her paper airplane making skills...which were impressive.
Super Jude!
Sleeping Beauty.  She's so dainty.
 
James and Jude received a package of Super Heroes from their cousins and have been fascinated.  In fact, they are the only reason I am able to write this post.  Thank you Batman and Superman.  It dawned on me today that action figures are to boys what Barbies are to girls.  Now I understand.
Sweet brothers resting after a long day of playing out in the bajillion degree heat.
I am loving getting to see this sweet smile!  She is such a joy!
She has many faces. 
A little Chris Farleyesque, no?

Quizzical???
Dressed up for lunch with friends.
My sweet friend Penny ended up with all 4 kids on her side of the table.  I curled up and took a nap on my side.
Samantha and James.  James calls her "Zintha".  They will be married someday.  He was looking at this picture the other day and quietly said to himself, "I love her".  It melted my heart.  
Here he is hopscotching.  He's very thorough.
And here he is dancing.  He keeps us entertained.  He will come running into the room and yell, "Turn on the music!  I need to dance!"  as if his very life depends on it.  And let me tell you...I better get that music on quick, fast, and in a hurry or he will freak out.
The summer is going too fast.  James will be starting preschool in a few weeks.  I'm not ready.  I don't feel like we've gotten in all of the hopscotching and dancing we need to.

Comments

Jen said…
Looks like a fun weekend! Go figure, of course we would be in Amarillo the one weekend yall were in Lubbock! Ha! Well, we'll definitely have to get together next time :) Miss Katy Jane is gorgeous! Just like her Momma :) Sophie is the same when the girls, or Ethan hold her, just sit very still and they will go away! I love it! SO funny! Hope you have a good week! :)
Unknown said…
So funny!!! So happy you got a nap in while Penny held down the fort on her side of the table! HAHA! I love those little guys. And I'm not sure, but I think James might have gotten his dance moves from me. I'm familiar with a few of them. :) I love all the energy I see in your house and hope Katy is able to be a calming force someday! Love you!
Christi