Skip to main content

11/12/13

Brad and I had a rare night out together without the kids last week and spent much of that time Christmas shopping.  Yes, we spent part of our date night in Toys R Us.  What is the world coming to?  But it doesn't matter though...I have fun with Brad no matter what we are doing.
I LOVED getting to watch Brad shop for his little girl.  It was the most endearing thing I've ever seen.  I've never seen a man deliberate over dolls as intently as Brad did.  Our little girl has her daddy wrapped around her little finger.
While looking at the Cabbage Patch dolls I was thrilled to see the kind they had when I was little.  Thrilled until I saw I saw...
"Special Edition Vintage Kids".  Ouch.  "Vintage".  Mine was named Millicent Annette.  Awful names they gave these poor yarn-haired bundles of joy.  But really...does 30 years really justify labeling something VINTAGE?  Rude.

After Christmas shopping we went to eat at Cheddars.  We don't normally eat there but were tired of our regular places.  When I got my plate there was a hair on it.  Ew.  So Brad not so politely told the waitress.  She said, "OH GROSS!  Do you want a brand new one?"  Ummmm.  Yes.  I would like a brand new one.  Maybe she was thinking we just wanted to show her and then I'd flick the hair off my plate and keep going.  And "a brand new one"???  Wha????  Nah...just bring me one from someone else's table.  Bless her heart.  We will be sticking with our regular places from now on.
~~~~~
James is sick again.  Poor baby.
4 straight days of a temperature of about 102 and higher.
I pray he's better when he wakes up in the morning.
~~~~~
My precious little Jude.  I got out his clothes for the day and told him to go get his boots.  He wears his boots every day so I don't even bother anymore trying to put other shoes on him.  He finally came back with sneakers that matched his sweater!  I didn't even know he knew he had these...much less that he would dig them out to coordinate with his sweater.  Impressive for a 3 year old.
The babes love to go for wagon rides at Nana's.  I wonder how many miles she has clocked pulling  them around the block in this wagon?  She's amazing!
The other day James looked at Katy Jane so sweetly and said, "Look at those sweet little feet.  She's growing up so fast." Ah yes, the wisdom of a 5 year old.
 
Daddy's. Girl.
My silly boys!  Love them so very much.
All dolled up and ready for Bible study.
Oh how I love these babes.
Katy Jane got in some snuggle time with Papa.  I showed this picture to my sisters and Christi said, "that's one of the safest feeling places in the world...in dad's arms..."  Indeed. 
Jude calls James "Best Buddy".  I love to hear him calling for him to come join in whatever mischief he's created... "Come on Best Buddy! Wheh ah you?"
James requested hot chocolate with marshmallows the other day with a fire.  Since he's feeling so badly I couldn't say no.  But he still has his darling sense of humor.  Marshmallows aren't only yummy...they also make cool mustachios.

Comments