Skip to main content

Summer's Ending

I used to blog every. single. day.  And then I had that third kid, and my daily little therapeutic posting rants became far less frequent.  3 kids is a lot of kids.  And it's hard.  JOY...but hard.

Anyways...we have realized that summer is coming to an end way too soon and I'm sad.  James will be going to Pre-K 3 whole days a week and I might die of ohmygosh he's nearly 5 and then he will start real school and then he will be graduating from college before I even had time to realize it.  I'm not ready!!!!!!!  He is, but I'm not.  He got his school supply list in the mail this week and was so excited he carried it around all day.  (He clearly shares my intense love of office supplies).

As much as I hate it, it finally became time for James to get a hair cut.  I love his curls and would probably let his hair grow all the way down to his hiney but  Brad keeps me in check.  James wasn't too sure about it either.
 
 
As much as I love those curls, he looks pretty handsome with his new do.  And heart-breakingly older.
The other day Brad and I took the boys to the Japanese steak house and to see their first real movie at a theater.  James was riveted by the Japanese chef and all of his shenanigans.  Jude hated it.  It didn't help that the chef covered his hand with some sort of fluid and then lit his hand on fire and held it up in front of the boys.  Terrifying.
 
 
Hand on fire...Jude hides, James is amazed.  I do damage control telling the children that we DO NOT, under any circumstances, ever ever ever, lite our hands on fire. Ever.  Thanks Japanese guy.  Thanks a lot.
Papa and his girl.
Jamesie loves to dance with Katy Jane.  She loves it too.

Jude gets jealous. He photobombed the picture.
Which irritated James and cracked me up.
I think James finally met his match in the energy department with his new friend Beckam.  They are having so much fun together.  It is like a whirlwind of blond hair and boundless energy.
James always asks me to play superheroes with him.  That involves me putting on one of my aprons as a cape and flying around the house capturing the villains (James and Jude) all while shouting out my super powers which include but are not limited to: I'm Super Mommy!  I change diapers, I cook dinner, I vacuum, I clean house, I let the dog out, I do laundry!!!!  To my surprise, James took a picture of me with my super cape on with my cell phone.
In reality...I am FAR from being Super Mommy.  But I'm happy that I can do one silly thing that, for a few moments, makes my boys think I am.  And then I curl up in a corner and take a nap because I'm so out of shape that running around capturing tiny villains wears me out.

I couldn't resist taking a picture of my sweet boys on the way into church.  I thought they looked so handsome. 

Comments

bonnie said…
I was laughing out loud as usual! Emery would have totally loved the hand on fire trick...and would probably have tried it herself when we weren't looking. That girl keeps me on my toes and it seems like Luke is going to as well. He's climbing on everything now these days...