Skip to main content

Like Spiderman...Only Clear

It's been a busy couple of weeks around here.  I need to get caught up.  But first, I have some sweet pictures of my precious Judie Bug.  He has so much personality.  I'm crazy about that kid!  And I have to admit that I think pretty much everything he does is adorable.  Even the naughty stuff.
 
 
 
 
 
 
He woke up one morning last week very cranky, his lips were white, he said his tummy hurt, his heart was racing, and his diaper was completely dry.  I took him into the doctor, he did and EKG then sent us to the hospital for labs.
Even though he felt so badly, he still asked if he could go pick out a toy from the treasure chest for his Bubba.  He knows James loves the fans.

Sound asleep after doing labs at the hospital.
He was extremely dehydrated.  I started giving him lots to drink until he threw everything up.  I called Dr. Honey who talked to the other doctor about Jude's lab results and they decided that if I could get him to keep down 5 ml of fluid every 5 minutes for an hour, then 3 tsp every 15 minutes for an hour, then an ounce every hour throughout the night, we wouldn't have to admit him to the hospital.  But if he threw up again we would definitely have to admit him.  Brad and I were determined to keep that from happening.

Uncle Chris stopped by after leaving the hospital to give Jude a quick check-up and to give Mommy and Daddy some peace of mind.
Brad and I barely slept because we were so worried about sweet Jude and wanted to make sure kept drinking.  Of all of our children, this one has kept us up at night with worry more than any other.
The next day, my precious friend Penny brought me the one thing that she knew would lift my spirits. Cupcakes!
Monday, I had to take Jude back up to the hospital to repeat his labs.  It helped him to have his best Bubba there for support.
But once Jude started screaming James covered his ears and got into labor position.  I wanted to do the same.  Poor Jude.  The person drawing his blood blew his vein and had to start over.  Not fun.  My boy has some vocals too.  He definitely let the entire hospital know he wasn't pleased.
Thankfully, all of his labs came back great!  He was hydrated and well.  We still aren't sure how he got so dehydrated but you can believe I've been a drill sergeant about making them drink lots of water.  I think that one night of worry aged me about 20 years.

James and Katy Jane have a special bond.  He sure loves his baby sissy and is such an amazing big brother.
I love this sweet boy.
And so does Katy Jane.
 
 
 
 
 
James will gather up a bunch of Katy's toys and build a "nest" for her.   Every morning, after breakfast, he gets up and says, "Time to build Sissy her nest!"  Precious boy.
I made cookies the other day and James came in to help me.  He grabbed out some oven mitts, put them on and said, "OK!  I'm ready!  I have my cookin' muffins on!"

Katy Jane is so close to walking.  It will be any day now!  I don't know if I am ready for that.
 
Wally...oh Wally.  The dog is indestructible.  He's eaten several rose bushes, an electrical cord that was plugged in, several toys, and heavenonlyknows what else.  And he's gigantic.  He's only 4 months old and already out-weighs all of my kids.
He's certainly not a guard dog though.  The other night I was home alone with the kids.  I had put everyone to bed and was sitting in the living room talking to my mom on the phone.  I saw someone standing outside my window looking in at me.  Long story short...a few minutes later I heard banging at the front door and the door bell ringing over and over.  There were also 2 people looking in the windows with flashlights.  I called 911 and the police showed up.  Everything is ok but it was a very terrifying night.  All of that by way of saying...Wally didn't make a peep.  Not a single bark or growl at all throughout the entire event.  He sure is sweet though.  Had something happened, I'm sure he would've snuggled the offenders to death.

Today, Brad had LASIK surgery on his eyes!  I was so nervous for him.  He was cool as a cucumber.
Waiting to sign in...drinking a little coffee...
...a little pre-surgery stretching...
...smiling for his crazy wifey...
This is a screen shot of what I watched while they did the procedure on Brad.  I totally nearly passed out.  And I cried.  Not sure why.  Something about watching someone cut into my husbands eyeballs.  Oy.

The procedure was so quick!  Just a couple of minutes for each eye.  Now Brad gets to wear these awesome clear patches until tomorrow.  I think he looks like a translucent Spider Man.
He got lots of loves from his babies.  This morning before the surgery, James heard me say I was nervous.  He said, "Don't be nervous Mommy!  Daddy is tough!"  Yes, he is. 

My sweet Mom and Dad kept the kids for us all day and brought us over dinner, pie, cookies, and these beautiful flowers!
So blessed!

Comments