Skip to main content

RSV

A tsunami of illness has swept through our home.  All 3 children have RSV and are super-sick.  I have truly lost count of how many times I have been vomited on.  They are pitiful. 

Friday, Katy Jane and I ended back up at the doctor's office because she was having trouble breathing.  Now I think she is finally getting a little better.  She is still coughing a lot, but getting better.
 
Saturday I noticed James and Jude going downhill.  By Sunday, James was pitiful.  He fell asleep watching tv.
Monday morning we were at Dr. Honey's office before the doors even opened. Sure enough, both boys have RSV.  I was surprised it wasn't the flu.  I really thought it was going to be.  They both had really high temperatures.  Monday got exponentially worse as the day went on.  They felt so badly.
James and Jude were in my room before 5 this morning coughing their heads off.  As we made our way downstairs I quickly became aware that our morning was not going to go well.  They were feeling so terribly, and coughing so hard that I couldn't get the breathing treatments and medicines going fast enough.  Jude threw up AGAIN from coughing so hard.  So somewhere between breathing treatments and medicine for 3 kids, sippy cups, breakfasts, bottles, diapers, cleaning up vomit, finding some Tylenol for my pounding headache and struggling to shake children off of me long enough to get a cup of coffee...I started crying.  I think it was just total desperation, exhaustion, and being totally overwhelmed by how sick they all are.

Cue Super Nana to the rescue!

Of course they turn into little darlings as soon as she walks through the door.  I bolted up the stairs before she had a chance to see the tornado that had hit my house in the form of puke, medicine, diapers, and crazy children and leave.  I think I was asleep before she set her purse down.  I am so blessed to have my Mommy right around the corner to come to my rescue.  So grateful!

Jude seemed to be feeling a little better this evening.  I am praying that tomorrow is the day everyone starts to feel better.  Please Lord!  I have to figure out why these babies are sick so often.  All I know is that they are going to have rock-solid immune systems by the time they start school.

3 John 1:2-Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in GOOD HEALTH, as it goes well with your soul.

Comments

Sarah Hammer said…
Good grief! Poor Momma! I'm so sorry those babies are sick again.