Skip to main content

Our Newest Addition

Judie Bug has an intense fear of dogs.  When he was in the hospital after he was diagnosed, a "therapy dog" was brought in.  It got up in his face and terrified him and he has not been the same around dogs since.  The other day, Brad was talking with a guy at work who breeds Dobermans and talked about how great they are with children.  My first response when Brad asked me to pray about getting one was a little incredulous.  But I told him I would pray about it and do some research.  A couple of weeks later I agreed to it...with conditions.  1. We had to make sure Jude could warm up to the puppy.  2. We have to make sure she is professionally trained.  3. Brad is responsible for exercising her.  4. And I will not...under any circumstances...be on poop patrol.  Ever.  I have enough of that with 3 kids. 

After all the conditions were agreed upon we told the boys we are going to get a dog and started thinking about names.  Finally we got to go pick her out today!!! She is only 3 weeks old now and won't come home until March 8th.  We wanted the boys to have as much to do with picking her and naming her as was reasonably possible (with a LARGE amount of parental persuasion and guidance, of course).  I think there were about 10 puppies in the litter and we they chose the largest female.  Ok...so we narrowed it down to one but we let them think they chose her.

We had narrowed it down to 3 different names: Molly, Sadie and Isabella.  Brad really wanted to name her Sadie.  When we told James after school that we were going to pick out our puppy, Sadie, he got grumpy.  Not the reaction we were hoping for when we told him we were going to pick out a dog.  He said, "We are NOT naming her Sadie!  I do not like that name!"  So adamant.  And I have no idea why.  He insisted that we name her Daniel Tiger.  I kept referring to the dog as Sadie and he kept being a grumpy pants.

We got out to the puppies house and saw all of the puppies, James fell in love.  When we picked our puppy he said, "Her name is Isabella!"  We all agreed.  If he's happy, we're happy.  So here is Isabella...
James and his puppy...she will soon be bigger than he is
Jude warming up to her and being brave
Jude giving her a kiss

Sweet little face
This is the mom, Jersey
And the dad, Samson
This is the first dog Jude has ever petted...she's a keeper!
Isabella and two of her sisters
I might be a tad bit crazy for taking on more responsibility at this point but I really do think this will be good for Jude and we all will enjoy having a dog again.

~~~~~

James got a treat for no nighttime accidents for two weeks!  Ice cream!
We have no idea where the big scratch on his sweet little nose came from.  I think he must have scratched himself during the night because he woke up with it one morning.
They both chose "superman" ice cream.  James wanted his on a red sparkly cone. Not surprising at all.  The child would cover the whole world in sparkles if he could. And I would gladly let him.  So precious.
And Mr. Sensible chose to have his in a bowl.  He knows his limitations and does not like messes at all.  A wise choice on his part. He has no need for sparkles or rainbows in his life.  I love my serious boy.

Comments