Skip to main content

OKC

We went to visit our friends Miah, Amber, Madi and Sawyer this weekend in Oklahoma City.  We had a great time! Brad and I were both surprised at how well the boys traveled.  Jude made one little peep and of course, our little chatterbox talked non-stop the entire time...going and coming.  But no fussing. 

When we got there Brad and Miah put all the kids down and Amber and I went shopping.  When we got home I went to bed and snuggled down between Jude and James.  I was thinking to myself what a sweet blessing it was to have my sweet hubby and two precious boys all sleeping withing arms reach.  Two minutes later I was ready to head for the couch when Jude started talking in his sleep, James started snoring like a freight train and smacking me in the face with his arms and then his legs.  He is as active in his sleep as he is when he is awake.  Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep.

The next morning after breakfast, Amber and I headed out to do a little shopping.  We went to some of the cutest little shops.  Later, Brad and Miah went out while Amber and I put the kids down for naps.

For dinner we all went down to Bricktown.
Amber and Madi making Judie Bug laugh
James hanging from the door...ready to leave
 
 

I found out that Jude LOVES fried okra!  He kept stealing it off my plate.  Who knew!?!?
Okra thief
 

Don't let those innocent eyes fool you.
James and Madi

Brad and Jude

Our whole group
After dinner we went to my new favorite place in the whole wide world.  Pinkitzel.  I was totally in heaven.  This is a cupcake, candy, cute-stuff, store that my dreams are made of!  Even the curbs outside were painted pink! 
We got red velvet and chocolate truffle cupcakes.  Yum!
After such a fun day Brad decided we needed to get better rest than the night before so we divided the boys and each slept with one.  I slept much better, until the house started shaking. I took me several seconds to get my bearings and realize that we were having an earthquake.  I was in such shock I couldn't remember what you were supposed to do in an earthquake.  Get under the table?  Cover your head?  Get in the bathtub?  Stop, drop and roll???  I was going to run and go get Brad in the other room but I didn't want to leave James.  By the time I remembered that we should get in a doorway the shaking had stopped.  It lasted about 30 seconds.  Brad, Jude and James totally slept through it.

The next morning we packed up to head home.  The boys did pretty good.  James talked NON-STOP again.  At one point I honestly plugged my ears.  I love the kids but sheesh!  He uses up mine, Brads, and his own allotted words per day.  It started to get on Jude's nerves about 10 miles outside of town.  I know that if he could talk he would have told his brother to SHUT UP!
"I need silence!!!!!!!!!!"
Mr. Sunshine singing one of our Bible Study songs

Comments

Anonymous said…
Seriously... could James look any more like his daddy??
I have a "Chatty Kathy" too--- I was hoping he would grow out of it, but alas.... 11 years and we still talk up a storm! And he knows no stranger.

Fried Okra??-- Jude, my man!!! :)
apryl said…
we were in OK city this weekend too for the wonderous earthquakes. We were there for both although we only felt the big one (lolo however felt the first one at 2am we just didn't know it at the time)
we had a blast too, love that town.
Steph said…
that picture of jude wishing he could use his words to tell james to stop using his is priceless!