Skip to main content

Happy 6th Birthday Jamesie!

Yesterday was our precious boy's 6th birthday.  My sweet James, what a joy you are to us.  Always.  Always sunny, always cheerful, always helpful, always loving.  I love to hear how sweetly you talk to Katy Jane, you're so kind and patient.  I love when you and Jude are laughing so hard while you're playing.  I love how you love to search for bugs. I love how you have a plan for the day the moment you wake up.  I love to hear your sweet prayers.
I'm hanging on to these little boy years with you.  You are growing up so fast.  You look taller everyday.  You still want me beside you all the time.  You still come snuggle in my lap in the morning.  You still want me to watch you do a wheelie, admire your bug collection, and play candyland a million times.
You love to cook with me and still claim you want to be a chef when you grow up.  You also say that you will always want to live with me and Daddy and that you will cook for us when we are old.  I think I may just be ok with that.
You have definite opinions about things you like and don't like...especially food.  Over a month ago you told me you wanted a blueberry birthday cake.  You sat beside me while I looked for recipes and picked the one you wanted.  A refined palette for a 6 year old.
You surprise me all the time with your witty comments and and sense of humor.  You impress me with your sensitivity and maturity.  And you melt my heart with your wide bright smile and sparkly eyes.
6 years ago you filled a painful void that had been left in mine and Daddy's hearts.  You more than filled it.  It's overflowing with the love and joy that you bring us.
I stayed awake that first night staring in awe at your perfect, beautiful face.
 
 
 
Happy happy birthday my beautiful Sunshine Boy!  I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my Jamesie you'll be.

Comments