Skip to main content

New Year Fun

The new year has brought a lot of new fun for us.
Well, except for this. This wasn't so much fun. Sometimes she mystifies me. Just when I got used to boys and how they express their feelings, God gave me a girl.
She's lucky she has this guy on her side.
She loves to read her Fancy Nancy books.  And she loves her "baayybeee".
She has now transitioned to her big girl bed.  And 5 minutes from now she'll be all grown up and I'll cry.  Why is it going so fast?!


~~~~~
I'm blessed to have some precious friends that I've had for life.  Lindy is one of those life friends, or at least a good 82% of it.  (I actually did the math on that so it's fairly accurate and I'm a dork).  I met Lindy at church when I was 8ish.  Years of summer camps, Sunday school, youth group, passing notes during big church, and, maybe or maybe not, one awesome duet of "Friends Are Friends Forever" wearing matching outfits and dramatically raising our held hands to really drive home the point of the song.  Awesomeness.

So now we have like a jillion kids between us and we finally got together for a play date.  And to make us feel really old we realized that her oldest daughter is about the age we were when we met.
Ok wait, one of these kids wasn't ours.  I think.  But so much fun!

Comments

Sarah Hammer said…
It took me a hot minute to know who "Lindy" was. I had to dig waaaayyy back in my brain, but as soon as I did, a bajillion images came to my mind. Those days, eh? You are so right about the kids growing up. I get about three emails a week from colleges for Ashlee and I'm like, "Wait a hot dang minute! I still got a year and a half with her!" I can't believe I will have a senior in high school next year. I'm only like 23...how did this happen?