Skip to main content

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  My sister Carrie and her family came into town.  This was my first Thanksgiving in 3 years to not miss out due to illness.  I was especially thankful.  Although I did get sick that night and am still not feeling well.  November is always my sick month...don't know why.

The week before Thanksgiving we had our first snow of the season.  It is always a joy to wake up to a big snow!
The boys had their snow clothes on and were begging to go out by 8 am.  
They had both been sick so I let them go out for just a few minutes and the brought them in and warmed them up by the fire.
They love the snow.
Tuesday and Wednesday I did all my cooking for Thanksgiving.  I let the kids do crafts to keep them occupied.  I hate crafts so this is always a special treat for them.
Wednesday night Carrie, Andy, Morgan and Madison got into town.  We couldn't wait to see them.  It had been too long.
Katy Jane waiting for Aunt Care Care
 
 
 
 
The boys LOVE to help Nana in the kichen and she is always so sweet and patient to let them "help".  I love the sweet memories it is making.
Jude highly approved of the marshmallows in the fruit salad.
A very refined palate on that one.  

 
My babes love having their cousins around.
My kids love to read books.  If I would sit and read to them all day they would be so happy.  Lucky for them...Aunt Carrie, Morgie and Maddie love to read books! (And don't skip pages like Mommy does)


Katy Jane loves to show off her pudgy cute belly.
 
Our beautiful Morgan is a wonderful seamstress and offered to fix Jude's Captain America coustume.  He wears it every day and it was falling apart.  I thought it was beyond repair but Morgan worked her magic and Jude is back in the business of saving America!  However, he did keep a very close eye on her while she worked.

 
Saturday we decorated Mom and Dad's tree. 
Katy Jane got dressed up in her Christmas clothes for the occasion.
 
One of our favorite parts of decorating the tree is the "Christmas Milk" as James calls it.  To most people it is Egg Nog.
 
For years I was the one that Daddy would lift up to put the angel on the tree.  Then grand kids came along and I got knocked from the throne. The honor goes to the youngest grand baby.
 
I'm so grateful for my precious parents.  What a blessing they are to our family.
Carrie took a picture of us all taking a picture of Dad and Katy Jane putting the angel on the tree.

Nana, Papa and 5 of their 8 grandchildren.
After all the decorating, Katy Jane needed to snuggle down with Nana.
And Jude needed a nap.
Sunday we all went to church with Mom and Dad.
 
 
It was a wonderful time of being with our sweet family.  I was indeed Thankful for all of the MANY gifts the Lord has given us.  We are blessed.

Now it's time to gear up for Christmas!  Let the fun begin!

Comments