Skip to main content

On The Naughty List

I love Christmastime.  I love the baking, shopping, wrapping, gifting, singing, decorating, all of it.  Love it.  The children love helping in the kitchen...particularly James.  We worked very hard on our gingerbread men...or as Jude calls them,"cookie boys".
 
 
 
They were excited to decorate their own cookie boys.

 
This smile.  This is his most sincere, heartfelt smile.  His eyes sparkle, lips closed.  It makes my heart melt.
 
Katy Jane loves to be in the kitchen with me.  She's so curious.  I can tell she's going to be a great cook.  But for now, she is literally tied to my apron strings.  And I love it.
My Mom was always so wonderful about letting me help her in the kitchen.  Those are some of my most precious memories.
She is so sweet about letting the boys help her.  She is infinitely more patient than I am with them.  She invited us over the other night to make Christmas mice and caramel.
Christmas mice were one of my favorite things to make with her when I was little.
 
Aren't they cute?!
Homemade caramel.  I think this is the best thing I've ever eaten.
Wednesday was James' Christmas Pageant at school.  I thought he looked so handsome.  He was "Wiseman #1" and his line was: "The Wisemen brought Jesus gifts.  One brought gold!" 
James is in the middle with a gold crown on.  He was most excited to get to talk into a real microphone.
Here is a video of his part.

After the adorable performance, there was a lovely reception with cookies and milk.  I love this school.  They do the sweetest things.
Katy Jane got all dolled up for the performance.

Thursday at school was pajama day.  I've been told on a couple of occasions that there are a couple of little boys in James' class that are a little rowdy and push James and a few other kids around...especially in the play tunnels. I've begun to lose my patience with this as James has been coming home with scrapes, bruises and bumps from these two little boys.  Well Thursday I found out that James was bitten by one of the boys and then shoved down the slide by the other.  I discussed things with the director but began the hard work of trying to sort things out with James.  His heart is very tender and I have to be careful how I handle things with him.
Once he opened up about things and we talked through it all I asked him how he thought we should handle things.  He chose to write a letter to the biter.  But just to be extra nice he stuck a Christmas bow on top.  He wouldn't want to hurt his feelings.  (He does not get this immense sense of compassion from me or his father).

As we were finishing up our conversation about how he would handle these situations in the future, he dropped the bomb.
James: "Mom, it's all ok anyways.  I told him our family secret."  
Me: "What family secret?!?!?!?!?!" (Oh please Lord help me!  What did he tell them!?!??!)
James: "I told him that Santa isn't real."
Me laughing: "Really?  What did he say?"
James: "I told him that it's the adults that put the presents under the tree."
I guess it serves the little bully right.  And no, I don't feel one bit bad about it.  All he would've gotten was a lump of coal anyways.

Saturday we delivered cookies to some friends.  We had a special visit with our former neighbors.  We miss them so much.  They were such a precious part of our lives while we lived across the street from them.
Katy Jane curled up with Mr. Edwards and didn't want to leave him.
~~~~~
The rest are just some pictures to catch up.
 
 
 
My sister had this darling hat made for Katy Jane.  It is the cutest thing I've ever seen.
 

 She loves it.
And I love her.
The boys spent the other night with Nana and Papa and I got to spend time with just my girl. It was wonderful.
Nana came over to read stories a few nights ago.  A very special treat.
 Again with her new hat.
 
But then she noticed Daniel Tiger was on.  It's mesmerizing.
 
I pray that you have a very blessed and merry Christmas celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Luke 2:13-14 Suddenly a great company of heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom His favor rests."

Comments