Skip to main content

Christmas Eve

Tonight we went to church with Mom and Dad for the candlelight service. A Christmas Eve tradition. They called the children down to the front for the Christmas story of Jesus' birth. James and Jude were reluctant to go so Nana went with them.

This little boy LOVES his Nana with all his heart.
 
Lucky for us they handed out candy canes to the children after the story. 
Katy Jane was thrilled.  I was not.
James praying.
Jude "reading" the bible.
After we got home I had trouble getting the babes calmed down enough for bedtime.  They were extra silly tonight.  James thought it would be a good idea to wear my boots.  Katy thought it was so funny...
 
 
I finally managed to wrangle all three into pajamas.  They didn't seem to buy into my logic that the sooner they went to bed the sooner they would get to open their presents.
Nice how clean my living room is, no?  And when did I get to the point in my life where this picture causes me absolutely no alarm whatsoever.
Almost there!   Nite nite my sweet babes!
Although we are ever-mindful of  the Savior we are celebrating tomorrow, I love the joy of seeing Christmas through my children's eyes.  The excitement and anticipation.  I have been so blessed by my three amazing children.  God has been so good to me.

It's 12:03...officially Christmas.  Merry Christmas!

Comments