Skip to main content

Homeschool Updates

We are loving homeschooling.  Slowly I am learning what works for us and what doesn't.  We've had to make a few changes to better suit learning styles and personalities.  I'm thankful to have so many encouraging people around me that help me to figure out what to try and different methods that have worked for them.  The Lord was even so good to me to provide someone in the grocery store one day to give me just the encouragement I needed.  

We are using Saxon now for phonics and it has made a huge difference for James.  Jude is also easily able to join in on several of the lessons at this point.  My sisters used Saxon and really liked it for their kids
.
During the summer we ordered a butterfly jungle and planet frog.  The tadpoles still aren't in but the caterpillars arrived a few weeks ago.  They started out little bitty and in a plastic container of their own food.
 
 
Into the jungle they went and the kids were excited to check them every day.  They grew SO fast.  Shocking, really.

Soon all 7 went into their chrysialids and Brad transferred them out of the cup and into the jungle.
And we waited patiently for one week.  Then miraculously they each started to emerge.  It was so exciting.  Mostly because I didn't really think it would work.  All but 1 made it.  We were all fascinated!
Today was the day we let them go.  But to be honest...I don't know how far they really went. Don't tell the kids.
I love to see how my kids are enjoying learning together.  I think that may be one of the sweetest parts of homeschooling.


They all have such a sweet friendship with each other.  What a blessing!
 
 
 
This little one though...she's giving us all a run for our money.
 She's very independent.  I like that about her.
 

Comments